New Staff Selection

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

Hay guyz, we've got a lot of threads, I'm gonna fix it by starting yet another thread!

LOL, right.  I asked mods to delete if needed.  Hope this can stay more about specific guys rumored or named:D

Hoping I wake up tomorrow and this has new/substantiated rumors.  

Snyder is also now following Georgia Southern as well.  Helton is being named their new coach. 

I don't know about coaches being pursued, but has anyone looked at the transfer portal lately?  Since  Sept 1, Indiana has had 7 players enter the portal, Wisky has a lot as well.  That really doesn't matter, but what matters is why are we not recruited some of those transfer portal players already?  Decent talent in there already.  Have we been trying and none of those guys want this program or what?  I see some talent on those lists.  Don't see 5 stars but I see some talent.

7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I don't know about coaches being pursued, but has anyone looked at the transfer portal lately?  Since  Sept 1, Indiana has had 7 players enter the portal, Wisky has a lot as well.  That really doesn't matter, but what matters is why are we not recruited some of those transfer portal players already?  Decent talent in there already.  Have we been trying and none of those guys want this program or what?  I see some talent on those lists.  Don't see 5 stars but I see some talent.

I don't know the exact timing of the transfer portal signees, but nearly all of the guys in the transfer portal are uncommitted to their next school. I'm sure NU has been in contact/recruiting target players, and we will know more in the coming weeks. 

27 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You'd think that if it was Helfrich, Herman, or Mullen they would have announced by now or at least there'd be a lot of smoke.  

Maybe we can pull Shawn Watson from N. Iowa? :)

I agree it’s none of these guys. I am thinking something from the staffs that we know are not staying (LSU Peetz and Joseph) and USC (Snyder). Their seasons essentially end tonight. 

30 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I agree it’s none of these guys. I am thinking something from the staffs that we know are not staying (LSU Peetz and Joseph) and USC (Snyder). Their seasons essentially end tonight. 

Figure Helfrich is an announcer, Herman is in the NFL and Mullen is canned, wouldn't be any issues with them being announced.  Maybe finalizing terms?  Or just not them.

I think the transfer portal has added another dynamic into making decisions on assistants as well. Obviously every guy you hire you want him to be a great recruiter.  An NFL guy likely isn’t going to have a lead on any transfers or recruits. On the contrary take a guy like Mickey Joseph for example. He could say well I know a guy that I recruited back in year x and he’s looking to hit the portal, I think I can get him. Or this guy that’s sitting at LSU behind a 1st round draft pick is going to be looking around. Or, there’s a stud high school receiver that we didn’t take at LSU because he’s 5’11 and we had some better options but we have a great relationship. I Just think with the way the world of transfers has changed it’s something to consider especially when you need immediate help because this is a do or die season for Scott. 

• Fire 1