New Staff Selection

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

OC type guys the local guys are following - Frank Cignetti Jr, Willy Korn, Kirk Ciarrocca, Robert Anae, Craig Stutzmann, Gerad Parker. 

Willy Korn is interesting, that would be a huge step up from CCU to Nebraska.  Unless, god forbid, they're hiring him as QBs coach which means no ST coach.  I hope it's not Ciarrocca, that would be really underwhelming.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Chatter that Brumfield is in at ST, and Joesph is in at WR. 

I really thought Snyder was in the mix but Brumfield seems to have a good resume. Joseph seems like a good get for us, will definitely bring some good recruiting connections that we desperately need.

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Chatter that Brumfield is in at ST, and Joesph is in at WR. 

7 minutes ago, Farms said:

I really thought Snyder was in the mix but Brumfield seems to have a good resume. Joseph seems like a good get for us, will definitely bring some good recruiting connections that we desperately need.

Virginia is 117th in ST efficiency.  We are 129th.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/fei/overallst/2021

Since he was hired there:

2020 - 82nd

2019 - 7th

2018 - 81st

So one really good year,  sounds about right.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

OC type guys the local guys are following - Frank Cignetti Jr, Willy Korn, Kirk Ciarrocca, Robert Anae, Craig Stutzmann, Gerad Parker. 

Odd mix of choices.  Some young and been at a stop or 2 and some have been all over.  Anae at Va passes a lot.  RB by committee this year.  I'm a run the ball guy. No thanks.  Buddy is a WVU grad.  He is not a fan of anything they are doing.  

For me, it's Korn or bust.  How can the KORNhuskers not go with this guy to offensively turn us around.  (27th in red zone)  Coastal runs a pretty balanced offense.  IMO, the best shot to infuse some off season excitement.  Korn has also coached KO ST and QB's.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

One guy on Roddit saying Mickey Joseph is in. Dunno who the poster is, but that's only one there's really been any smoke around, and an unsurprising hire.

He's solid IMO.  Did a great job with the receivers at LSU.  I think Manning/Betts/ et al will benefit tremendously.  Can recruit.  Ran the option.  Haha.

• Thanks 1