New Staff Selection

42 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Coastal Carolina's would be a great get. Kent State I was just saying in another thread that they have a scary bad red zone TD % rate (where we need major improvement ourselves). If it's Army's OC, I almost feel like Frost would have to name a separate passing game coordinator.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ChrisBrownSportsBeat said:

My grandma told me she wanted to be the Head Coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.  Granted, she's 96 years old and in a nursing home, but she said she could do a better job than Scott Frost.  I told her to calm down, but she threw her walker at me and tried to call Trev Alberts.   Luckily, he didn't answer the phone.

I'm N. You know she knows the option and the FB position!  

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

Coastal Carolina's would be a great get. Kent State I was just saying in another thread that they have a scary bad red zone TD % rate (where we need major improvement ourselves). If it's Army's OC, I almost feel like Frost would have to name a separate passing game coordinator.

I think Frost's passing plan would actually fit with Army/AF.  They go off of PA, throw bombs and use it to extend their run game.  Think our crappy screen game, but better.  Would have to evolve obviously.  They are 4th and 5th in penalties per game ie disciplined.  Red zone 82 and 55th.  I assume lack of passing game, but agin that could improve.

I'm all N for Korn.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think Frost's passing plan would actually fit with Army/AF.  They go off of PA, throw bombs and use it to extend their run game.  Think our crappy screen game, but better.  Would have to evolve obviously.  They are 4th and 5th in penalties per game ie disciplined.  Red zone 82 and 55th.  I assume lack of passing game, but agin that could improve.

I'm all N for Korn.

I'll pass!  Coastal Carolina oc looks good

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Air Force has 9 wins, and was very close to making it to the MWC championship game. Army has 8, and probably 9 after they beat up the Middies. Coastal has 10 wins. Any of these guys would drastically improve our offense.

Wins mean nothing.  How good is the offense, is the offense balanced, do they have any other coaching success at other stops & style of offense.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wins mean nothing.  How good is the offense, is the offense balanced, do they have any other coaching success at other stops & style of offense.  

The offenses at Army, Air Force, and Coastal are all pretty good to very good. Coastal is the only 'balanced' offense, and they've all  had success for several years at their current position.