New Staff Selection

16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Wild that we are hearing about position coaches rumors and nothing on OC. I’d think they’d have locked down OC before they would even consider position coaches. 

Makes me wonder if the Mickey Joseph name is actually for OC, not WR. 

I remember a couple years ago when Frost was after him Joseph supposedly wanted to be OC and we wouldn’t give him that.

• Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I can't see the OC being to far from from what they currently run. It's not like Frost has the luxury of time like a new HC in year one where he can afford to make some mistakes along the way while they learn a new system. They've got to hit the ground running and win from the first game on. Another year like this year while the team adapts to a new system and Frost will be long gone (like he should already have been).

I think the only way we have a prayer at sniffing a bowl game next season is if we adapt to a new system.

It's like, the reason the entire side of the ball was fired.

If we're just going to run the duck sh!t offense again what was the point of any of it?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, observer3 said:

yea hasn't that line been getting 1st year quarterback Justin Fields obliterated? 

It’s been terrible for the entire time Raiola has been there. He’s not the actual Oline coach so he shouldn’t shoulder all the blame, and I’m not even saying he’s a bad coach, but “he’s the bears oline coach” is absolutely not a selling point 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Makes me wonder if the Mickey Joseph name is actually for OC, not WR. 

I remember a couple years ago when Frost was after him Joseph supposedly wanted to be OC and we wouldn’t give him that.

Good point, Joseph or someone else green that doesn’t have the connections of a veteran OC. No veteran OC is letting someone else pick their assistants. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I am too.  It's partially the manager fault as they spent more money on Def then the line

I’m not even saying Raiola is at fault at all, didn’t mean for it to come off that way. Just saying being associated with the bears isn’t a selling point lol. He has pedigree as a stud lineman at Wisconsin though so who knows what kind of coach he will be. Would prefer we get someone more established but would give Raiola a shot 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Smithers said:

I’m not even saying Raiola is at fault at all, didn’t mean for it to come off that way. Just saying being associated with the bears isn’t a selling point lol. He has pedigree as a stud lineman at Wisconsin though so who knows what kind of coach he will be. Would prefer we get someone more established but would give Raiola a shot 

In our situation, we might not have a choice and almost anyone would be better than Austin.