New Staff Selection

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

In our situation, we might not have a choice and almost anyone would be better than Austin.

Fair enough. One thing I’ve been thinking about is, the problem is clearly that Frost has brought people who’s only experience is working with him. Luckily that worked out ok on the defensive side, but he needs to go outside his immediate tree on these hires. The one hire he’s made outside his prior staffs has been an absolute homerun (Tuoti), so I think he can get these hires done. 

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Yes, but part is him holding the ball too long. 

Also Nagy….doesn’t help lol.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 3
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

That and still not having a pass rush,  we are regressing next year no question.  Folks who aren't worried are gonna be in for a surprise.

As someone who has harped on our failure to recruit a legit pass rushing OLB for like five years now: right now I'm WAY more worried about finding a replacement for Daniels at NT than I am about pass rushing. Nelson is serviceable as a rusher, but without a legit NT, a 3-4 defense like this just plain will not work.

2 hours ago, huskerfan99 said:

Nash isn’t even close to being ready to play. The hype for him needs to go away.

Easy to forget that we had the elder Daniels come in as a grad transfer for a year to anchor the line while his little brother continued to develop. We probably need that for Nash, too.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

How cam we not hire the dude with that last name alone.  It is the omen we have been looking for.  Bring back the legit child of the Korn.  The Solich curse will be gone.

Get a pen and a straight jacket if needed.  We'll take his signature willingly or not!

• Haha 2