New Staff Selection

17 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So if people are reporting Mickey Joseph as WR coach that means we either don't have a RB coach or we are not getting a special teams coordinator? 

Great point.

RB-TBD or Ron Brown (Held)

OL-TBD (Austin)

WR-Jospeh (rumored) (Lubick)

OC/QB- Willy Korn is Co-OC/QB at Coastal (I'm hopeful)

TE-Beckton

Just a thought.  Swap out Joseph to WR and Korn picks up OC/QB-McCall went over 2500 yards 73% completion rate and  Carpenter went for 480 and 60%.  * 2 RB's over 500 yards and 1 with almost 1000 yrds....

Korn did KO ST's in addition to WR previously, but puts too much in his plate.

Joseph coached receivers and ST at Alcorn St and Grambling.

4 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Literally the exact opposite of what Frost said he was going to do, Frost said that he wants to CEO this ship and let his coordinators call the plays. 

What's funny is you believe that.  Scott will dictate the offense.  He may give up some play calling but the NU offense will be his.  

41 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’m cool with that. Just announce it and get him on the road 

Seriously.  December 15th is fast approaching, should have had an announcement yesterday.

39 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So if people are reporting Mickey Joseph as WR coach that means we either don't have a RB coach or we are not getting a special teams coordinator? 

OC/QB combo,  RB, WR/TE, OL, STC.

31 minutes ago, lo country said:

Great point.

RB-TBD or Ron Brown (Held)

OL-TBD (Austin)

WR-Jospeh (rumored) (Lubick)

OC/QB- Willy Korn is Co-OC/QB at Coastal (I'm hopeful)

TE-Beckton

Just a thought.  Swap out Joseph to WR and Korn picks up OC/QB-McCall went over 2500 yards 73% completion rate and  Carpenter went for 480 and 60%.  * 2 RB's over 500 yards and 1 with almost 1000 yrds....

Korn did KO ST's in addition to WR previously, but puts too much in his plate.

Joseph coached receivers and ST at Alcorn St and Grambling.

I wouldn't mind Korn cuz that offense is nice I just have a feeling that what would work best is someone experienced to help Frost. We have seen at time in games that he can scheme around good B1G defenses but for whatever reason he can't put full games of that together. 

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

OC/QB combo,  RB, WR/TE, OL, STC.

We already have a TE coach on staff and he is a good one. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I wouldn't mind Korn cuz that offense is nice I just have a feeling that what would work best is someone experienced to help Frost. We have seen at time in games that he can scheme around good B1G defenses but for whatever reason he can't put full games of that together. 

Correct your TE coach would now coach WRs too. 

24 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I understand that,  he can coach WR too.

9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'm not really seeing a great way to have that happen and still hire a ST coach, and keep Beckton as just TE (he needs to stay on staff).

5 spots to fill 7 roles:

OC-Korn 

QB-Korn

RB-Brown

WR-Joseph

OL-Ed Warriner was mentioned weeks ago as potential or John Garrison- was mentioned by a poster

TE - Beckton

ST-Joseph  He coached both WR and ST at Alcorn St and Grambling  Wouldn't be dedicated, but posters have said and shown a lot of programs do not have a dedicated ST coach.

Bolded above.  Possible work around

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Bolded above.  Possible work around

Could work,  I do realize a lot of teams don't have ST coordinators yeah. I think a lot of those teams have almost every coach involved in ST though, and it's very important for all.  I don't trust Frost to put that much emphasis on it and have all coaches involved without someone working on it full time.  He needs a dedicated STC I believe to make real improvements.