New Staff Selection

8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So Joseph and Brumfield seem fairly certain for ST and WR positions which means we still need OL and OC.  Sipple mentioned Donovan Raiola as an option for OL Coach.  Since he is with the Bears maybe he can bring Tom Herman with him?

If Brumfield and MJ are N, then we have 2 spots to fill OC, RB, QB, OL. Interesting to see how this plays out. 

1 hour ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I have no information and a very uneducated opinion.

If I were in charge, I'd go all in on the OL coach. Everything must be centered around them for offense. The rest will fall into place, but they must be ace recruiters. It'd be something like:

-OC/QB - New guy 

-OL - New guy

-WR/TE - Beckton

-RB - Ron Brown or new guy

-ST Coordinator - Hopefully Sean Snyder or someone like that.

Good post. I think I personally would go all in on the special teams guy. If Becton doubles up on TE and WR and the OC we bring in can actually coach quarterbacks, then there's a free slot to actually name a coach and not just an analyst at special teams.

I'd also seriously try to get a punter out of the portal.

Just now, Jeremy said:

Does anyone know if there's some kind of time frame here? Like, when does Frost have to get these guys, whoever they are, picked, hired, and out recruiting?

Not sure but with early signing in 2 weeks I would think it would be ASAP. Also while all these other programs are trying to pin down their head coach we need to lock down the assistants we want. Less competition right now.

• Plus1 1