New Staff Selection

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

Does Oklahoma in the SEC = Nebraska in the BIG10. Losing Riley and a year of top recruits + moving to the SEC might lead back to the dark ages of OU football methinks.

I’m not sure about the dark ages exactly, but they certainly could fall back towards the Texas A&M level (#15-25 in the polls but probably not top ten) until they adjust. All teams that switched conferences had some early success but changed coaches within three or so years. None have won their conferences yet that I remember. Will be interesting to watch as they go from shot callers in the Big 12 to rank and file in the SEC.

18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

being reported Joseph will be announced as WR Coach and recruiting Coordinator at NU 

Aren't we doing this backwards?  Seems the new OC would have a say on what assistant coaches we hire.   I'm all for Joseph by the way (my middle name - so he has to be good:D)

I also wonder if Brown will be named RB coach. 

10 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I’m not sure about the dark ages exactly, but they certainly could fall back towards the Texas A&M level (#15-25 in the polls but probably not top ten) until they adjust. All teams that switched conferences had some early success but changed coaches within three or so years. None have won their conferences yet that I remember. Will be interesting to watch as they go from shot callers in the Big 12 to rank and file in the SEC.

You guys are all overhyping this conference realignment having a direct impact on the progrums success.  Literally all of the teams that have realigned were already middling to subpar programs in their old conference- its not like conference heavy weights/title contender changed conferences and saw a big dip.  If anything A&M has raised their profile from a change in scenery 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Aren't we doing this backwards?  Seems the new OC would have a say on what assistant coaches we hire.   I'm all for Joseph by the way (my middle name - so he has to be good:D)

I also wonder if Brown will be named RB coach. 

I'm sure any potential OC's are being told of the potential assistant coaches that Frost has in mind, and ensuring that they are similar in terms of offense and coaching philosophy.  Most assistants are flexible enough to work with any OC and vice versa.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Good get IMO, we need someone who can go down in the south and recruit. Not a easy job to convince players to leave the state or the south in general.  

I would think the next OC - if he is actually going to the in charge of the offense (scheme, play calls, recruiting, game planning, strategy, etc) would want to have some say in who, what when where and how the new offense is assembled and implemented.  Therefore, presumably, the OC is already known but not yet revealed, for any number of reasons.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I would think the next OC - if he is actually going to the in charge of the offense (scheme, play calls, recruiting, game planning, strategy, etc) would want to have some say in who, what when where and how the new offense is assembled and implemented.  Therefore, presumably, the OC is already known but not yet revealed, for any number of reasons.  

With all of the activity out there in the portal and coach changes, seems like sooner (no pun intended) would be better than later.  

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yes and Joseph brings some major credibility since he coached the 2019 LSU receiving core. Recruiting many of them. So pretty hard to say anyone else in the country has recruited better than Joseph or sent more receivers to the NFL than him the last few years. Also look how good they are all doing in the NFL as well. Ready to make an impact as soon as they hit the league.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Does Oklahoma in the SEC = Nebraska in the BIG10. Losing Riley and a year of top recruits + moving to the SEC might lead back to the dark ages of OU football methinks.

No, because oklahoma in the Big12 is significantly better and more consistent compared to where we were in the big12 prior to leaving. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, TGHusker said:

With all of the activity out there in the portal and coach changes, seems like sooner (no pun intended) would be better than later.  

And until the Athletic Dept actually announces something, it’s all just gossip, rumors and speculations.  Sometimes, these types of “leaks” are just negotiations, trial balloons, etc.  

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

You guys are all overhyping this conference realignment having a direct impact on the progrums success.  Literally all of the teams that have realigned were already middling to subpar programs in their old conference- its not like conference heavy weights/title contender changed conferences and saw a big dip.  If anything A&M has raised their profile from a change in scenery 

Overhyping? I don’t recall any P5 school winning a conference title yet, let alone playing for a national title. We were a conference title contender switching, Missouri played for the SEC title their second year, Colorado made a splash too. 

To say conference realignment doesn’t affect program success is ignorant at best.

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

No, because oklahoma in the Big12 is significantly better and more consistent compared to where we were in the big12 prior to leaving. 

True but they are also heading to the best conference in college football. The SEC is drastically different landscape than the big 12. You will be expected to be physical on BOTH sides of the ball. Cant just play offense in the SEC.

6 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Overhyping? I don’t recall any P5 school winning a conference title yet, let alone playing for a national title. We were a conference title contender switching, Missouri played for the SEC title their second year, Colorado made a splash too. 

To say conference realignment doesn’t affect program success is ignorant at best.

I never said conf realignment doesnt affect progrum success.  I think you comparing missouri, colorado and our profile in the 08-2010 range to Oklahoma the past few years is ignorant at best.

Oklahoma= consistent top 5/top 10 in a down year, multiple playoff participant and conf champ most years.

Nebraska 09= Conf title contender? I mean sure, we made it to the big 12 title game but we were 10-4, let's not pretend we even came close to walking into conf title season with 1 or 2 losses at most.

Missouri has trended in the SEC to pretty much what they were in the big 12.  A middling progrum that is towards the bottom most years and happened to have one year where things came together coupled with a weak division.

Colorado- Was trending pretty abysmally towards the end of the big 12 run and, for the most part, has been an afterthought in CFB for a decade now.

Literally none of the 3 progrums u mentioned, including us, are remotely similar to the track record Oklahoma has brought to the table in the past 5-20 years.

4 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Lol we played for the Big 12 title in the two years before we left and played in the Big Ten title game in year two. Please stop. 

Ah yes, because going 10-4 and playing in the weakest division at the time puts us on the same level  both in the big 12 and then the big 10 puts us on Oklahoma's level.  You should really take off those husker shaded lens of yours, theyre turning you blind.