New Staff Selection

7 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

My apologies, it was a poster you quoted that said oklahoma may be slipping to the dark ages.  The overarching point I was trying to make is that I feel a s#!t coaching hire for them will lead to this moreso than the impact of going to the SEC.

Perhaps I should have added more context to my stance- I feel like OUs change is vastly differnet to all the others.  They still get to play in Texas with UT and A&M in the SEC, Texas is still in their backyard, and now they get to play guaranteed games in fertile AF recruiting grouds in the Florida, Louisana and Georgia, amongst other talent rich states in the south.  

This to me, is completely different compared to what we went through where we were literally hanging on to a thread in texas recruiting by getting to play their a handful of times a year.  Texas not in our backyard geographically and us moving away from those schools pretty much killed a strong foundation of our recruiting.  I don't think this is going to happen with Oklahoma and I also think they have the capital/cache to go out and grab a great coach even with getting blindsided like this.

And on the kool aid topic- I wish I had had more.  I was deaf to the game and outcome on Friday- muted and subdued in my reaction due to the consistent let down of this progrum for years now in a game like that.  

I promise I will try my best to not misrepresent something you said when it should have been credited to another poster and for that I am sorry.  Perhaps we can agree to disagree on the trajectory of OU, I for one, am hoping they continue to succeed at a similar level in the SEC because I think we have more in common wiht them, historically, than almost any other program in the country from a geography/success standpoint.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're both prolly pretty agitated salty as hell husker fans clamoring for the days of even modest success.  We can't let our internal dissension tear us apart any further, I f'n love you man. 

Thank you, here’s to making 2022 better. GBR 

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Having anyone coach a position as well as ST is completely missing the point.  I would totally believe Frost to do that but we need a dedicated person for ST.  Period. 

You would think that Alberts at least gets this. And if he does get it, you'd think he would know at this point to not trust Frost to get special teams fixed with just the analyst position + Dawson/Becton.

At first I thought it was dumb to fire Lubick, but I'm holding out hope that the reason for the quantity of offensive coaches being fired was to ensure the right shuffling of position duties could happen to actually bring in a dedicated ST coach.

I think Bill Busch can get it done if he's named a position coach and can then have direct player contact.

Resource-wise this could wind up being an extremely good move if there's any truth to the rumor of Busch getting the promotion.

And just my opinion but I'm thinking that if Mickey Joseph really does come in and coach WR, the program probably has no real plans of running Air Force's scheme like quite a few fans seem to think is an actual possibility.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Undone said:

You would think that Alberts at least gets this. And if he does get it, you'd think he would know at this point to not trust Frost to get special teams fixed with just the analyst position + Dawson/Becton.

At first I thought it was dumb to fire Lubick, but I'm holding out hope that the reason for the quantity of offensive coaches being fired was to ensure the right shuffling of position duties could happen to actually bring in a dedicated ST coach.

The math doesn't seem to want to fit unless he was going to make a change on defense also (or one of those coaches leaves on their own for a new job).  Keeping Lubick as OC/WR and having Frost take over QB would have done it, or having Beckton coach both WR and TE.  If Joseph is indeed hired for WR and recruiting coordinator I am not sure how they fit an STC in.  Will be interesting.

Even if it is Busch you need to let him solely be the STC and not have a position.  We are that bad and need someone focused on it.  It is simply not an acceptable answer to continue to ask coaches to have a position and do ST.  Other schools do that only because every single coach has to help with ST.  Frost doesn't get that.

1 minute ago, Undone said:

I think Bill Busch can get it done if he's named a position coach and can then have direct player contact.

Resource-wise this could wind up being an extremely good move if there's any truth to the rumor of Busch getting the promotion.

Busch and Joseph would kill it on the recruiting trail.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

The math doesn't seem to want to fit unless he was going to make a change on defense also (or one of those coaches leaves on their own for a new job).  Keeping Lubick as OC/WR and having Frost take over QB would have done it, or having Beckton coach both WR and TE.  If Joseph is indeed hired for WR and recruiting coordinator I am not sure how they fit an STC in.  Will be interesting.

OC

OL Garrison

WR Joseph

RB Becton ? 

ST Busch 

Have TEs work with WR and OL, and a GA who manages them. 

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Keeping Lubick as OC/WR and having Frost take over QB would have done it, or having Beckton coach both WR and TE.  If Joseph is indeed hired for WR and recruiting coordinator I am not sure how they fit an STC in.  Will be interesting.

Maybe Beckton takes RB's as well?    :tv