New Staff Selection

1 minute ago, Jpetermbb said:

So how does Korn differ schematically from a Frost/Lubick/Helfrich?

IIRC, Frost and some offensive staff went to CCU during the off-season to learn more about their offense and incorporate more of it to ours. So, while not the same, I think there are some similarities. Also, if I'm remembering this right, that may explain the potential interest.

Does anyone else remember hearing this?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

Can't argue with any of that. I would posit that if 1)Frost truly hands the reins over to Korn (if he's the guy), and 2)the offensive line is blocking better than they did this year, we'll be running A LOT more option than we have under Frost so far.

nacho-libre-jack-black.gif

• Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, rocketlb said:

IIRC, Frost and some offensive staff went to CCU during the off-season to learn more about their offense and incorporate more of it to ours. So, while not the same, I think there are some similarities. Also, if I'm remembering this right, that may explain the potential interest.

Does anyone else remember hearing this?

Yes they visited CCU last off season I believe and CCU has 2 OCs (Korn and Newland Isaac).  Korn also doubles as the QB coach while Isaac doubles as the RB coach.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I see a very similar scheme with better run blocking and RB play. So, the RB runs are more successful. 

I agree and I think our perimeter run blocking was too inconsistent this season.  When I watched how the Michigan receivers blocked on the perimeter and downfield, it made me realize there is a lot of room for improvement with how we are executing the run.  And of course we also need to be able to run down the middle better and that is why a top notch OL coach is needed.

• Fire 2
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree and I think our perimeter run blocking was too inconsistent this season.  When I watched how the Michigan receivers blocked on the perimeter and downfield, it made me realize there is a lot of room for improvement with how we are executing the run.  And of course we also need to be able to run down the middle better and that is why a top notch OL coach is needed.

To me that's what was missing Friday. We weren't good enough at that, running down the middle. Seems he's sound at working with the QB's too. I like their motions. Quick and decisive. Now, the competition's going to be more formidable and quicker. Let's get an adept O-line coach in here and some beasts to move the opposing lines around.