New Staff Selection

35 minutes ago, Mavric said:

SIAP

Sean Callahan's current rumblings, most have already been brought up in this thread:

OC - no info, gets the feeling it's potentially a sitting head coach or something like that that's keeping it under wraps

OL - Donovan Raiola seems to be the favorite

WR/Recruiting - Joseph

ST Brumfield or Busch - Bush is currently on the road recruiting for the Huskers

Going with no RB coach.  That's a bold strategy Cotton.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes they visited CCU last off season I believe and CCU has 2 OCs (Korn and Newland Isaac).  Korn also doubles as the QB coach while Isaac doubles as the RB coach.

Yeah, if we could just take both of those two and their OL coach? That'd be great.

So we fired our staff 2 weeks ago. Still don’t have anyone announced. All the other teams choosing their head coaches is creating competition for assistants now that they are ready to fill their staff. This cycle is so crazy positions are being filled and opening new high profile openings because coaches are being stolen. No one thought Notre Dame and Oklahoma would be open this year. 

1 hour ago, thatguy said:

Any stats on performance against top 25 and/or power 5 teams?

Was ranked 14th last year and beat 11 BYU who had Zach Wilson as QB.  As a team rushed for approx 275 yards.  But Frost only had Auburn on his resume IIRC.  Maybe USF was ranked when they played.  And I wouldn’t make P5 or ranked teams a primary criteria.  If so, further proof Frost should have been fired.

24 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So we fired our staff 2 weeks ago. Still don’t have anyone announced. All the other teams choosing their head coaches is creating competition for assistants now that they are ready to fill their staff. This cycle is so crazy positions are being filled and opening new high profile openings because coaches are being stolen. No one thought Notre Dame and Oklahoma would be open this year. 

That’s part of the reason few, if any schools, have announced official assistant coaching hires yet. With everything going today, I think everyone is evaluating on the fly. I’d expect to see a handful of spots being filled across the country tomorrow and a lot more as the week goes along. Next week could be another free for all. 

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

But, but, guys would never leave or come here.....NU is currently not a destination job, but throw enough money at a guy and you’d be surprised. Hasn’t it been longer than two weeks?  Lincoln goes to USC and immediately there is talk of them offering Venables.......Kelly to LSU.....And we have yet to name an OC.  

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

Was ranked 14th last year and beat 11 BYU who had Zach Wilson as QB.  As a team rushed for approx 275 yards.  But Frost only had Auburn on his resume IIRC.  Maybe USF was ranked when they played.  And I wouldn’t make P5 or ranked teams a primary criteria.  If so, further proof Frost should have been fired.

Memphis was ranked under Norvell.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

But, but, guys would never leave or come here.....NU is currently not a destination job, but throw enough money at a guy and you’d be surprised. Hasn’t it been longer than two weeks?  Lincoln goes to USC and immediately there is talk of them offering Venables.......Kelly to LSU.....And we have yet to name an OC.  

We better have some NFL gems ready.  That could be the steady hand that works.  I still think we should have gone big after Herman.  Now Herman probably falls into an opening elsewhere.