New Staff Selection

This is as typical as a Nebraska game plan under this head coach. I am betting that they thought they had some coaches lined up, but in the "4th quarter" they s#!t the bed and those coaches have gone elsewhere or made other commitments.

This train wreck is getting worse. 

How about Brian Ferentz for your new OC?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Was ranked 14th last year and beat 11 BYU who had Zach Wilson as QB.  As a team rushed for approx 275 yards.  But Frost only had Auburn on his resume IIRC.  Maybe USF was ranked when they played.  And I wouldn’t make P5 or ranked teams a primary criteria.  If so, further proof Frost should have been fired.

I’m right there with you, cos I think frost should have been fired immediately after Minnesota. 
I would say p5/ranked experience should absolutely be a criterion. Not needing that experience from assistants is how we got here in the first place. 

6 hours ago, thatguy said:

I’m right there with you, cos I think frost should have been fired immediately after Minnesota. 
I would say p5/ranked experience should absolutely be a criterion. Not needing that experience from assistants is how we got here in the first place. 

We allowed Frost to bring all of his assistants with him unlike Florida and now he has fired all the assistant coaches I'm assuming Florida didn't want him to bring at this point lol 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Yes he was a decent runner in high school. He’s a long strider and it doesn’t appear he is running fast but he eats up a lot of ground in the open field. He may not be the most elusive QB though.

I'd much prefer his arm strength, I don't care if he's elusive. Let's get a "quarterback" to throw, not run. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, NativeJoe said:

I'd much prefer his arm strength, I don't care if he's elusive. Let's get a "quarterback" to throw, not run. 

I don't know much in the big picture of football but... seems the best teams are returning to a more power offense. Regardless of how diverse the spread offense is the truth is the truth. Throwing the ball has 3 possible outcomes and 2 are bad. Give any of our recent QB's even an above average O-Line and the results are markedly better. Give me a QB that is athletic, protects the ball, understands the game/game situation and I'll be happy but first, give me an O-Line that doesn't constantly generate procedure penalties, holding penalties, unsportsmanlike penalties.. etc.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I don't know much in the big picture of football but... seems the best teams are returning to a more power offense. Regardless of how diverse the spread offense is the truth is the truth. Throwing the ball has 3 possible outcomes and 2 are bad. Give any of our recent QB's even an above average O-Line and the results are markedly better. Give me a QB that is athletic, protects the ball, understands the game/game situation and I'll be happy but first, give me an O-Line that doesn't constantly generate procedure penalties, holding penalties, unsportsmanlike penalties.. etc.

I would love to have more power runs in our offense mixed in with the option.  But, you have to have a good offensive line to do that.  That is the number one key that needs fixed on offense.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Chad Morris being talked about elsewhere too. Had really good offenses at Clemson and SMU. Also his kid is a freshman at TCU and torched Aranda and Baylor for 500 total yards this year. TX HS connections wouldn’t hurt either 

Chad Morris is a NO right along with Helfrich and Herman IMO. 

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I was hoping we worked fast on these staff hires and they took advantage of the coaching chaos recruiting wise. I honestly thought we would have a staff in place after the games were over Saturday. 

Yeah as time goes on I'm getting more nervous about it. You would think they made the moves they made during the season because they wanted a leg up on this crazy carousel we're in.