New Staff Selection

1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I am more concerned with what caliber of assistants we can really expect to draw when the head coach is on a prove-it 1 year contract.  Probably not the best situation to recruit under, and likely even less attractive given you are likely to be looking for another job a year from now. 

You could argue that a new HC at this point would be a more stable direction, and perhaps less chaotic.

This might be a part of it.  Quality guys are quality, stable places.  Have to offer a lot of cash to get one to leave.  Some programs that hate their guy, Bama fans and O’Brien, might come.  Realizing they might be gone next year (or maybe this)

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

For everyone complaining about the chaos and uncertainty of hiring the offensive staff, imagine how much more chaotic it would be if we were hiring a new HC and then both the offensive and defensive staffs.

It really depends on if you have a plan or not. If you fire a coach (asst or HC) and already have a replacement set up, it goes smooth as can be. If you fire someone and try to figure it out afterwards, you’re gonna have a bad time. 

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It really depends on if you have a plan or not. If you fire a coach (asst or HC) and already have a replacement set up, it goes smooth as can be. If you fire someone and try to figure it out afterwards, you’re gonna have a bad time. 

Chadwell looks like hes going to be at Coastal another year....Va Tech didnt take him, wonder if Duke might kick the tires? 

Seen a mention of Graham Harrell and Chad Morris on twitter but would assume if it's one of them they would have been announced already. Need to lock this staff up this week or very early next week. Dead period starts the 12th and early signing day is the 17th :facepalm:

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, lo country said:

I feel confident that we are doing our coaching search(s) about as well as we did our special teams.  Schools that want to win, and more importantly demand winning, are spending 10’s of millions on coaches.  Getting them in place to recruit and exploit the transfer portal.  We appear to have not named on actual hire.  The whole, they might still be coaching is BS. Kelly might have ND in the CFP, Napier is in the conference championship ,other guys coaching in bowls.  Color me not impressed with our sh1t show.

Throw money at Herman or Chadwell.  Or start brushing up on googling guys we’ve never heard of.  And please no Helfrich or Harrell.  Or anyone from WVU....It’s looking like we fired guys with no real plan...Hoping I am really wrong. 

Couldn't agree more. This is pathetic. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, PattyG said:

Seen a mention of Graham Harrell and Chad Morris on twitter but would assume if it's one of them they would have been announced already. Need to lock this staff up this week or very early next week. Dead period starts the 12th and early signing day is the 17th :facepalm:

It is almost like we fired our other coaches weeks ago for no reason. lol 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is almost like we fired our other coaches weeks ago for no reason. lol 

You would think our athletic department especially would know not to fire coaches without a solid plan in place. Steve Pederson learned that lesson years ago.

Unfortunately the longer this takes the less confidence I have. Hopefully their "guy" is coaching in a championship game this weekend and will be announced after but I'm not holding my breath.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, PattyG said:

You would think our athletic department especially would know not to fire coaches without a solid plan in place. Steve Pederson learned that lesson years ago.

Unfortunately the longer this takes the less confidence I have. Hopefully their "guy" is coaching in a championship game this weekend and will be announced after but I'm not holding my breath.

what coaches competing for championships this weekend have the urge to leave a program that is successful and view Nebraska on a 1 year show me or get fired as a step up? 

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

what coaches competing for championships this weekend have the urge to leave a program that is successful and view Nebraska on a 1 year show me or get fired as a step up? 

No one really unless they have something to prove or maybe want out of their current school. I'm more just thinking out loud. 

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think we are screwed.  The staff was fired almost 4 weeks ago (11/8) and we got nada.  Now new coaches are filling staffs forcing other guys to hire...And here we sit, watching another punt get blocked by inept attention to detail.