New Staff Selection

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I think we are screwed.  The staff was fired almost 4 weeks ago (11/8) and we got nada.  Now new coaches are filling staffs forcing other guys to hire...And here we sit, watching another punt get blocked by inept attention to detail.  

Inept attention to detail? Dawson has done a "great job" with our special teams as Frost so eloquently put it :bang 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I am more concerned with what caliber of assistants we can really expect to draw when the head coach is on a prove-it 1 year contract.  Probably not the best situation to recruit under, and even less attractive given you are likely to be looking for another job a year from now. 

Fair concern - doesn't really have anything to do with my point though.

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

You could argue that a new HC at this point would be a more stable direction, and perhaps less chaotic.

Sure, but we could just as easily have fired our HC and not have hired another yet due to the chaos, and then still have to hire offensive and defensive staffs. That's a LOT more chaotic.

57 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It really depends on if you have a plan or not. If you fire a coach (asst or HC) and already have a replacement set up, it goes smooth as can be. If you fire someone and try to figure it out afterwards, you’re gonna have a bad time. 

Sure, but we don't know what has been happening. Could have gotten an OC but not announced it yet, could have gotten an OC that subsequently backed out, could have not had an OC and thought we'd have an easier time, etc. After the hiring is announced, then we can go back and try to connect the dots and see if we can figure out the sequence of events, but even then we won't likely know for sure. Right now we know virtually nothing.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think we are screwed.  The staff was fired almost 4 weeks ago (11/8) and we got nada.  Now new coaches are filling staffs forcing other guys to hire...And here we sit, watching another punt get blocked by inept attention to detail.  

Patience, patience. I haven’t seen too many hired assistant coaches yet from across the country (UConn hiring a few is the only story I found in a quick search). I’d expect us to have something official for at least a couple open spots within 24-48 hours. I’d assume most college football programs are evaluating/interviewing quite a bit right now.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/11/29/lsu-2022-recruiting-class-holding-firm-during-coaching-search/

He was recruiting still for LSU yesterday according to this.

Brian Kelly was supposedly with a ND recruit in home a couple hours before the news broke that he was leaving for LSU. Recruiting doesn’t stop, so this isn’t a surprise at all to me.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

haha we arent getting Joseph. woohoo we continue to suck! 

Man - the longer this drags out the suckier it gets.   With all of the coaching turmoil/changes being made nation wide, it opens the door for assistant coaches to consider their options.  The Titanic isn't a very good option at this point.  

• Plus1 1