New Staff Selection

I have lived in South Louisiana since 1989. Joseph has coached some great WRs at LSU but he’s an even better recruiter than he is a coach, and God knows we need some solid recruiters. Right now it’s all just a matter if Kelly wants to retain him or not. It’s already been announced that he’s retaining Corey Raymond and Marshall Faulk. Joseph is such a solid recruiter that Kelly might not want to lose him. If we do hire him, it would revive our lifeline to the New Orleans area, where the Joseph family is well-known. Too bad he can't bring his cousin Terry with him.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I would agree.  

Or one coach for TE and WR and freeing up a spot for Bush, Synder or someone capable of being the ST coach. 

it isnt crazy, you get rid of a LB coach have Chinander help with LBers if needed (he coached it in the past) you can even go internal and do Busch and have him help Fisher with DBs if needed when not working on ST. Busch is a guy that if you can get on your staff you do it. 

27 minutes ago, thatguy said:

Why would hiring a new full staff be chaotic? The amount of chaos depends only on the quality of leadership in charge of the hiring. 

Because other people have free will and are not required to do what Nebraska leadership wants regardless of leadership quality. Look around the college football landscape right now and you'll see that lots of places are struggling to hire coaches or retain coaches. No matter how good the leadership is, an OC candidate can suddenly be looking at HC offers if there's a lot of turnover at other schools that has nothing to do with NU or how they're conducting their coaching search.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Because other people have free will and are not required to do what Nebraska leadership wants regardless of leadership quality. Look around the college football landscape right now and you'll see that lots of places are struggling to hire coaches or retain coaches. No matter how good the leadership is, an OC candidate can suddenly be looking at HC offers if there's a lot of turnover at other schools that has nothing to do with NU or how they're conducting their coaching search.

I think you are confusing “chaos” with “talent search”.

chaos is what Nebraska went through after solich was fired. Chaos is whatever seems to be going on in Lincoln now. Talent searches are always ongoing for any and all coaches with talent. Any decent coach will get headhunters calling them every offseason. 

"I can say there has been progress..." in coaching searches. Also notes that progress can be altered by all the job changing in college football right now. "But I can say that I've met with Scott, we'll be meeting tomorrow morning, I think he has a good plan. - Trev

Sounds like our Asst. coach search is at the mercy of the other job openings. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2