New Staff Selection

41 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not sure if this was posted already, but some thoughts on different names for the openings.  I would be good with Korn, Joseph and Raiola or Garrison for OL. That would leave one open position which could be for ST or it could be a dedicated RB coach.  I think given this past season it's important to get a dedicated ST coach.  

https://www.cornnation.com/2021/11/30/22809163/the-nebraska-football-offensive-coaches-replacement-roundtable-of-fun

Linked from that page, this page has a lot of clips of Coastal Carolina's offense, if you're wondering what Korn might bring to the table:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1326176840168448001

That said, just watching the clips, you can tell it's a lower tier of football competition...

• Fire 1

Will there be an announcement within the next 24 HRS??? chuckleshuffle

Korn OC/QB's   *If not Korn, Davis 

Davis OL/Run Game Coordinator   Possibly Riaola, Garrison or Warinner OL *If not Davis 

Joseph WR/TE or WR   Beckton resumes TE role  *If not RB's 

Beckton RB or Ron Brown  *If not Beckton 

Brumfield ST or Bill Busch  *If not Brumfield 

Ciarrocca  (Analyst role?)

Busch  (Continuing as Analyst if not ST's)

Please.  No Korn, no Chadwell, no Sun Belt Conference talk, thank you.

Korn isn't just an OC, but the Co-OC.  For coastal carolina.  Let that sink in. They play against Texas State, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, Troy, etc.

Let that sink in also.

That's the missing piece?  That's who yall want at Nebraska??!  Really? Pssh, please.

I thought the purpose to fire HCSF or replace his assistants was because we need P5 coaching and experience ASAP, from the likes of the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, etc.

Sounds like yall imagining that this would be a great fit. 

And as I look around the P5 landscape, a lot of coaches are going elsewhere, and it leaves a lot of P5 coordinators and coaches jobless and available.

Korn... Coastal.  :facepalm:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, thatguy said:

I think you are confusing “chaos” with “talent search”.

chaos is what Nebraska went through after solich was fired. Chaos is whatever seems to be going on in Lincoln now. Talent searches are always ongoing for any and all coaches with talent. Any decent coach will get headhunters calling them every offseason. 

Again, if you think there's chaos in Lincoln now, imagine how much more chaotic it would be if we were hiring a new HC and then both the offensive and defensive staffs. You can't claim that a HC search and following offensive and defensive staff searches would be less chaos than only hiring an offensive staff. Well, I guess you could claim that, but it'd be nonsensical.

3 minutes ago, admo said:

Please.  No Korn, no Chadwell, no Sun Belt Conference talk, thank you.

Korn isn't just an OC, but the Co-OC.  For coastal carolina.  Let that sink in. They play against Texas State, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, Troy, etc.

Let that sink in also.

That's the missing piece?  That's who yall want at Nebraska??!  Really? Pssh, please.

I thought the purpose to fire HCSF or replace his assistants was because we need P5 coaching and experience ASAP, from the likes of the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, etc.

Sounds like yall imagining that this would be a great fit. 

And as I look around the P5 landscape, a lot of coaches are going elsewhere, and it leaves a lot of P5 coordinators and coaches jobless and available.

Korn... Coastal.  :facepalm:

Okay, "No Korn, no Chadwell, no Sun Belt Conference talk"...

What do you have in mind? 

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Again, if you think there's chaos in Lincoln now, imagine how much more chaotic it would be if we were hiring a new HC and then both the offensive and defensive staffs. You can't claim that a HC search and following offensive and defensive staff searches would be less chaos than only hiring an offensive staff. Well, I guess you could claim that, but it'd be nonsensical.

No it wouldn’t because a new coach finding and hiring a new staff is considered standard practice. A lame duck coach looking for top line assistants in his area of expertise for a 1 year contract is chaotic. 

it’s not particularly mathematical. Chaos doesn’t necessarily increase because there’s more positions to fill. Filling out the entire staff makes it more straightforward. When it comes to coaching staffs, Trying to hire 4 people for 5/6 roles is more chaotic than a blank slate of 10 people for 11/12 roles. This current head coach’s deficiencies makes things worse. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1