New Staff Selection

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

If true, I hope you aren't surprised?  I have a whole thread about being underwhelmed.  This is what I expect.

I have become a fan used ti implosions with this team for years.  nothing new here.  Just wonder if the plan was this "well put together" why we didn't just fire Frost?

12 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

Where are you seeing this

12 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

Where are you seeing this?

Mickey Joseph is currently out recruiting for LSU, did an in home visit as recently as last night. 

Mickey Joseph did an in home visit recruiting for LSU last night. He isn’t coming to Lincoln. 

• Haha 2
Just now, Smithers said:

All I can find is this: 

"Kelly has also reportedly held on to cornerbacks coach Corey Raymond as well as running backs coach Kevin Faulk. Receivers coach Mickey Joseph is also a candidate to stay with the program, as is linebackers coach Blake Baker and offensive line coach Brad Davis, both popular among the LSU players. "

Report: LSU football Coach Brian Kelly Making Push to Land Marcus Freeman, Tommy Rees in Baton Rouge - Sports Illustrated LSU Tigers News, Analysis and More

2 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

My man Brian Kelly was recruiting up until the second he signed on the dotted line.

Don't get me wrong, every hour that goes by with Joseph not being here makes it clearer and clearer he won't, but this proves nothing. He is doing a job he is currently being paid to do.

Brian Kelly was first contacted by LSU like 48 hours before he was announced. Not quite the same. 

but man how badly has Frost f#&%ed this? We’re gonna get Jake Peetz and go 1-11

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Brian Kelly was first contacted by LSU like 48 hours before he was announced. Not quite the same. 

but man how badly has Frost f#&%ed this? We’re gonna get Jake Peetz and go 1-11

I don't buy that in the slightest, but I don't think there's a strong way to prove it one way or the other.

If Frost put all of his proverbial eggs in the MJ basket then he was/is a dumbass. 

16 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

My man Brian Kelly was recruiting up until the second he signed on the dotted line.

Don't get me wrong, every hour that goes by with Joseph not being here makes it clearer and clearer he won't, but this proves nothing. He is doing a job he is currently being paid to do.

And who's the assistant at Oklahoma that did an in home with Stoops and early that morning was texting a recruit in LA for USC?   Just because MJ is still doing his job, doesn't mean he isn't considering Frost offers.  He's still employed at LSU and has requirements there and he will do them until the time comes to switch hats.

• Plus1 3