New Staff Selection

5 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Don't know anything just throwing this out. Don't know if this would work.

Co-OC/QB coach: Willy Korn

RB Coach: Becton

WR/TE Coach: Mickey Joseph 

Co-OC/OL: Brent Davis

Special Teams: Busch

I like it.

I just wouldn't want the Korn hire to mean we'd run more option than we're currently running.

Take the play calling duties away from Frost entirely, keep the playbook the same, but commit to a slightly higher amount of running on 1st & 2nd down than what we did this season.

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

I like it.

I just wouldn't want the Korn hire to mean we'd run more option than we're currently running.

Take the play calling duties away from Frost entirely, keep the playbook the same, but commit to a slightly higher amount of running on 1st & 2nd down than what we did this season.

I'm with you. Higher amount of running though does nothing if we can't fix the oline. More often than not this year, running on 1st and 2nd down left us behind on down and distance. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Sam dropping a nugget on his podcast that we may get a OL/OC combo coach and Frost takes over coaching QBs.  That would allow Beckton to stay at only TE, and us to hire a RB, WR, and ST coach.

the-waterboy-farmer-fran.gif

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I'm with you. Higher amount of running though does nothing if we can't fix the oline. More often than not this year, running on 1st and 2nd down left us behind on down and distance. 

For sure. I can't believe I'm feeling even a shred of optimism about any aspect of the team, but if Prochazka comes back 100% healed (which is unfortunately maybe a big "if") and a new O-line coach really motivates and works with the younger guys, I have to think we're better than we were this year.

And while we don't have any one back that necessarily looks like they can carry the team, I think Johnson & Yant are talented enough that they can make a good impact next year, given the experience they both got this season.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, captain_sasquatch said:

This is it right here. It's obviously a tenuous situation for someone to commit, but $$$ talks. We'll see if Trev is willing to open up the checkbooks.

Also I saw Mark Mangino eating a Hyvee yesterday for what it's worth. 

Big if true

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I hope your guy’s hopes are well placed and we still land that splash hire. As for me, this season broke me. I still believe the delay in getting it done is causing harm. Maybe it’s necessary harm to get the right guy, which is the most important thing, but with recruiting, dead periods, identifying portal players and such the delay is not ideal at all.

Oh, I'm not terribly hopeful, but I'm also not terribly doubtful either. The long wait for the staff announcements could mean so many things and be due to a large number of factors. No reason to get hopeful or doubtful yet, especially since we know almost nothing about what's actually happening.