New Staff Selection

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's not Morris.  But, it does greatly peek my interest.

Hmmmmm.....

It''s not Davis or Korn either.

Maybe Andy Ludwig from Utah?  He has had success at both Utah and Wisconsin.  And they are playing Friday which could explain the delay in any info.  His offense set some records at Wisconsin in 2013...and Nebraska's defense helped contribute to those records. :)

https://utahutes.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andy-ludwig/3554

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm...don't think so.

He's currently head coach at Jacksonville State.  He specifically said he's an OC at a power 5 program now.

Good point.

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Maybe Andy Ludwig from Utah?  He has had success at both Utah and Wisconsin.  

Maybe this guy?

Edit: I realized after posting that the rumor is for a Power 5 OC, so not this guy if that rumor is true.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Maybe Andy Ludwig from Utah?  He has had success at both Utah and Wisconsin.  And they are playing Friday which could explain the delay in any info.  His offense set some records at Wisconsin in 2013...and Nebraska's defense helped contribute to those records. :)

https://utahutes.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andy-ludwig/3554

Bingo.

Now, that fits the profile.

Wonder if he's a descendent of King Ludwig.  Now, that was one strange duck.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Any guess on how many pages this thread will be at when we have an official word that at least one contract has been signed? I am guessing 62.

I could say 100 and keep posting non-sense to run it up to that number!   But I get you point.  It is starting to remind me of how Peterson replaced Solich - the UN-plan. 

21 minutes ago, Smithers said:

if this is referring to Morris, I think my time as a fan is over 

He also mentioned that he would be the oldest staffer possibly sans Ron Brown whom they believe to be our next RB coach. Also said this possible OC also coaches OL? 

Ik Davis coaches OL but doesn't seem to fit the bill of being oldest on the staff.

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Any guess on how many pages this thread will be at when we have an official word that at least one contract has been signed? I am guessing 62.

At this rate, we might hit 62 pages of people trying to guess who Schafer was talking about and naming coaches who are not current P5 coordinators...

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bingo.

Now, that fits the profile.

Wonder if he's a descendent of King Ludwig.  Now, that was one strange duck.

With his vast experience, he could be a mentor to Frost.  Or at least someone who could handle the job without Frost having to take control of the offense again. 

5 minutes ago, PattyG said:

He also mentioned that he would be the oldest staffer possibly sans Ron Brown whom they believe to be our next RB coach. Also said this possible OC also coaches OL? 

Ik Davis coaches OL but doesn't seem to fit the bill of being oldest on the staff.

Barney Cotton is 65, just saying. 

Cotton eventually will have a decision to make: Will he jump back into college coaching? It won't be in 2020. He knows that. But he keeps an open mind about 2021. During those long nights, he still thinks about drawing up plays and what he would do in certain situations. But then he ponders the notion of jumping back into the 80-hour work weeks that routinely go along with the gig. Would he be ready for that?

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-after-heart-transplant-cotton-takes-life-slowly-but-counts-blessings-often/article_03171697-adc1-5817-84f4-5b0315f2560b.html

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I could say 100 and keep posting non-sense to run it up to that number!   But I get you point.  It is starting to remind me of how Peterson replaced Solich - the UN-plan. 

A dedicated medical librarian with over 30 years of experience that uncovered the real root cause of tinnitus and how it affects the brain. After watching this video, you’ll soon be able to shut off that cringing sound that’s been ruining your life and feel completely normal again.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Barney Cotton is 65, just saying. 

Cotton eventually will have a decision to make: Will he jump back into college coaching? It won't be in 2020. He knows that. But he keeps an open mind about 2021. During those long nights, he still thinks about drawing up plays and what he would do in certain situations. But then he ponders the notion of jumping back into the 80-hour work weeks that routinely go along with the gig. Would he be ready for that?

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-after-heart-transplant-cotton-takes-life-slowly-but-counts-blessings-often/article_03171697-adc1-5817-84f4-5b0315f2560b.html

They said sitting P5 OC so that rules out Barney as who they were referencing. That said I'd take him as an analyst.