New Staff Selection

9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Not to quote myself... But this guy would be the homerun hire we're looking for. I would be overjoyed to have him- Probably too good to be true. Our only chance of landing him would be that he doesn't want to leave the midwest for USC. But man, one can dream.

https://soonersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bill-bedenbaugh/580

• Has established himself as one of the country’s top developers of offensive line talent since joining Oklahoma's staff in 2013.

• Was named one of Rivals.com’s top 25 recruiters of 2017, ’18 and ’19, and was a finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2018 for the Broyles Award, given to the nation’s top assistant coach.

• With him on staff over the last eight years, OU ranks first nationally in total offense (521.1 ypg) and pass efficency rating (171.3), second in scoring offense (42.0 ppg) and passing yards per attempt (9.7), third in yards per rush (5.6) and fifth in completion percentage (66.0) and yards per completion (14.6). The Sooners are the only program in the country to rank in the top 10 in rushing offense (10th at 229.8 ypg) and passing offense (ninth at 291.3 ypg) during that span.

Everything I see is he went with Riley to USC…

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-bill-bedenbaugh-dennis-simmons-to-leave-sooners-join-lincoln-rileys-staff-at-usc/article_c1287a2c-50d6-11ec-9ddb-47eb92430816.html

A name I haven’t seen mentioned is Kyle Flood, OC at Texas. Former head coach at Rutgers. 

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The audio from the tweet doesn't say coached OL.  Did I miss something?

I didn't listen to the audio in the tweet but this morning on the radio show I'm 90% sure Mike mentions that the guy he has been hearing about also coaches O-line. I'll try and find the segment omw home and make sure my ears aren't fooling me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PattyG said:

He also mentioned that he would be the oldest staffer possibly sans Ron Brown whom they believe to be our next RB coach. Also said this possible OC also coaches OL? 

Ik Davis coaches OL but doesn't seem to fit the bill of being oldest on the staff.

Bill O'Brien-52

Todd Monken-55

Warren Ruggiero-55 

Kevin Wilson-60

Brown-62

Long time OC's at P5, successful and close to Ron's age.  Some great names.  But who the heck would leave their solid program for this.  If this is the kind of wild guessing we are doing, I'm calling Tony Elliot-Clemson.

1 hour ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

IMO I think this screams Warren Ruggiero from Wake Forrest. Wiki says they have set hundreds of record under his offense since 2014 so it fits the description.

Just posted his name as well, in addition to some others.  He fits the bill.  Clawson and he came to Wake Dec 2013....I am not sure about hundreds of records, but he has turned the program around.  

• Plus1 1