New Staff Selection

3 hours ago, Undone said:

I'm not sure that a "splash hire" is the requirement to have our offense in a place where we can win 7 or more games next year. Even more of an up-and-comer type of guy that's really hungry for success would probably be just fine.

I think Matt Lubick was a good coach, and I think he really was Frost's #1 choice as OC, possibly even from the very start.

But the one thing that could have been going on with Lubick is it sort of seems like he took this gig more as a favor to Frost than anything else. Maybe he just wasn't that passionate about this gig or where it could take it and really giving it 100% after all?

Again, it was never really about his credentials, IMO. His credentials were more than enough to put us where we needed to be.

Point is, even just a younger guy that you haven't heard of but that is completely on board with moving this program forward is probably just as good of a hire as any.

Where in the world did the win 7 games per year goal come from? That seems unnecessarily low as a target. IMO Frost needs to win at least 8 with next year’s schedule to even have the opportunity to improve upon that in later years. If I’m Trev, he gone with only 7 next year.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

So another swing and a miss?  Over/under on how many guys we will ask before one says yes.  3-over

I think this guys convo with Schaffer was “well of course if he interested, I’m always looking to better my career”. Didn’t say anything about being asked.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Where in the world did the win 7 games per year goal come from? That seems unnecessarily low as a target. IMO Frost needs to win at least 8 with next year’s schedule to even have the opportunity to improve upon that in later years. If I’m Trev, he gone with only 7 next year.

4-8.  Maybe 5-7.  New staff, lost a ton on D.....

29 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Schaffer just said on 1620 that he doesn’t think this guys gonna be the oc. This mythical unicorn oc. lol 

I did not hear that. He said there’s smoke on this one. Then he started dropping hints . 

someone who has a successful resume with several stops. Someone who is old. Someone who people wouldn’t think of, but would agree with. Is at a P5 school. 

Just now, C-4 said:

If we are truly serious about the OL….

Well….

We have ties to the best OL coach in the world (NFL).

Billy C? 

The media narrative regarding the firing asst coaches in season "allows NU to hit the ground running with hiring coaches and getting them on the recruiting trail" is losing traction.  Feels like NU is no closer today with hiring/recruiting than they were 2+ weeks ago.  Something is not going according to plan.......