New Staff Selection

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Needless to say this is a BIG hire for Frost and the Nebraska program!

Mickey Joseph is a respected wide receiver coach, and a proven exceptional recruiter.

Solid strong hire for Nebraska, and much needed for Scott Frost.

ABSOLUTELY IS

20 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Needless to say this is a BIG hire for Frost and the Nebraska program!

Mickey Joseph is a respected wide receiver coach, and a proven exceptional recruiter.

Solid strong hire for Nebraska, and much needed for Scott Frost.

So is this the splash hire?  His reputation proceeds him. I am still hoping that there is as much enthusiasm (actually more) for our new OC.  

And to the OC.  Tim Beck also fits the profile.  He's 55, has been atKansas,  NU, OSU, Texas, NC State, . "Success" at all of those  places....If Garrison is coming back.....Knows NU...Knows the B1G.....Has coached QB's....Has coached RB's....

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

So is this the splash hire?  His reputation proceeds him. I am still hoping that there is as much enthusiasm (actually more) for our new OC.  

And to the OC.  Tim Beck also fits the profile.  He's 55, has been atKansas,  NU, OSU, Texas, NC State, . "Success" at all of those  places....If Garrison is coming back.....Knows NU...Knows the B1G.....Has coached QB's....Has coached RB's....

I would love to have Garrison back. Anyone who learned and played under the legendary Coach Tenopir is a good starting point for an O-line coach.

As far as OC, I don't think Tim Beck is coming back. I posted in the OC thread to keep any eye on the Army OC, Utah's OC, and yes Willy Korn from Coastal Carolina.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I would love to have Garrison back. Anyone who learned and played under the legendary Coach Tenopir is a good starting point for an O-line coach.

As far as OC, I don't think Tim Beck is coming back. I posted in the OC thread to keep any eye on the Army OC, Utah's OC, and yes Willy Korn from Coastal Carolina.

I think those 3 would be great.  I just want an answer!!!!! Hahaha.  I am sure we all do.

20 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I hope Joseph is a fine coach and recruiter but no way to see much splash about.   No household National name imo.  
OC and OLine is the biggee!   Need a big name sunami splash to reboot and breathe new life into the program imo.  

Really? Do you have any, any idea the type of recruits he landed at LSU? A few first rounders. Jamar Chase went to LSU because of him. Jefferson out of Minnesota. DJ Chark. Cmon man! Recruiting alone is a big splash

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I hope Joseph is a fine coach and recruiter but no way to see much splash about.   No household National name imo.  
OC and OLine is the biggee!   Need a big name sunami splash to reboot and breathe new life into the program imo.  

Who would be a bigger splash hire for receivers coach?

It's also kinda funny we still care so much about splash hires after Frost. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2