New Staff Selection

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

There have been very routine flights to and from South Bend. I only went back a week or two, but it appears to be regular. 

But why would anyone go to South Bend if not for football? I didn’t like the town in general. Very bland. 

I agree you don't expect to see many flights from South Bend to Omaha but it may not be much.  

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree you don't expect to see many flights from South Bend to Omaha but it may not be much.  

It makes you wonder if it’s a rich dude from the south side and it’s an easier airport to go in and out of.  Rich dude may from the south side may be an oxymoron. 

did you see the feature that lets you search the nearby airports?  I draw the line at the pay wall though 

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, The Duke said:

Needless to say this is a BIG hire for Frost and the Nebraska program!

Mickey Joseph is a respected wide receiver coach, and a proven exceptional recruiter.

Solid strong hire for Nebraska, and much needed for Scott Frost.

Sooo, not BIG enough for HC Brian Kelly at LSU? :dunno In the SEC?

Good for the Huskers.  Glad he will be part of our staff.  

Pretty sure Mickey tried every avenue with HC Kelly to stay at home in Louisiana, and to continue to coach at State.  Hope it works well for the Huskers!

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 12/1/2021 at 5:50 PM, RichardHangslow said:

I see 2-4 wins next year. If I was AD I would be looking for a replacement in the OC. That is why I think courting Bill O'brien or Herman is really the only solution. If it works out with one of them at OC great if not well then we don't have to look very far. Also Frost would feel the heat and maybe not try and throw the ball inside the EFFING 6 yard line after A.Brown fair catches a punt on the effing  6 yard line. 

Not a chance that either of those guys are coming here.

1 hour ago, admo said:

Sooo, not BIG enough for HC Brian Kelly at LSU? :dunno In the SEC?

Good for the Huskers.  Glad he will be part of our staff.  

Pretty sure Mickey tried every avenue with HC Kelly to stay at home in Louisiana, and to continue to coach at State.  Hope it works well for the Huskers!

Word around the rumor mill here is that Mickey said that recruits would decommit if he wasn't retained, and that rubbed the LSU brass the wrong way, which is why he wasn't retained.

You ready for this…?… I finally have a connection and something useful to say. :thumbs

My friend’s nephew is a second stringer at LSU on the offense. To keep their anonymity I won’t say name or position. The kid says the entire offense is pretty upset to hear Mickey is leaving. They are very excited about Kelly, but when they heard Mickey was leaving, the kid texted his dad and said quite a few team members are upset at the news. He just texted me again and said - “They all think he’s a great coach. You guys got a good one back at NU.”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 7

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Word around the rumor mill here is that Mickey said that recruits would decommit if he wasn't retained, and that rubbed the LSU brass the wrong way, which is why he wasn't retained.

Well I hope they (recruits) and some LSU players follow him here if they are the type of guys who can contribute immediately. 

• Plus1 1