New Staff Selection

52 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So with the title passing game coordinator it sounds like we will have a running game coordinator too. Who will call the plays?

Frost will actually have a play calling thread on huskerboard each week and we get to collectively make the calls each play. Better up that internet speed amigo. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, lo country said:

What if Joseph will be WR and passing game coordinator?  Merge a strong power run game with a passing game based off of PA and option game where we combine the traditional option (QB/RB) with a RPO look.  Similar to some of the stuff  CC does.  Traditional option look, but have the receiver in the scheme as well.  So pitch, QB keep or pass......Plus Joseph played in a "option" offense....

Hell of a guess.....

• Plus1 1

This morning, I saw a tweet from someone I don't know that said they are tentatively planning a press conference to announce coaches on Monday.  I didn't know who it was so I've been waiting for others to say the same thing.  

But, that wouldn't surprise me.  If it's true that the OC is coaching this weekend, I would guess we would start seeing more meaningful speculation sometime tomorrow or Sunday morning.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think MJ's top attribute is his recruiting and recruiting connections down south.

Also, like, Army's roster is 100% made up of academy cadets.  It's not like it's illegal to throw the ball or anything, they're just limited by the players they can get.  Which is why they go all in on having a rushing offense that's difficult to defend.

We can still recruit guys like Armstrong and the Martinezes.  Real football players.  Not cadets.

All that being said, don't expect a 50/50 pass/rush ratio.

Dadgummit I'm getting my hopes up.

I dare you to say that to those young mens' faces. You won't find a tougher group of SOB's on any team. Just because they are Cadets, doesn't mean that they aren't also College Football players. Was Toure not a "football player" because he was at FCS? Army is much better than FCS. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I dare you to say that to those young mens' faces. You won't find a tougher group of SOB's on any team. Just because they are Cadets, doesn't mean that they aren't also College Football players. Was Toure not a "football player" because he was at FCS? Army is much better than FCS. 

OK, you proved you're a fan.

But....I'm pretty sure you took his comments wrong.  Yes, they are tough football players. But, you have to admit that recruiting to a military academy is different than recruiting anywhere else.  I have all the respect in the world for these guys.  They are committing to the military along with playing football.  That's awesome and what makes their success even more impressive.  And, it's what makes the Army Navy game so awesome.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But....I'm pretty sure you took his comments wrong.  Yes, they are tough football players. But, you have to admit that recruiting to a military academy is different than recruiting anywhere else.  I have all the respect in the world for these guys.  They are committing to the military along with playing football.  That's awesome and what makes their success even more impressive.  And, it's what makes the Army Navy game so awesome.

It is my Alma Mater, so yeah a fan. Point still stands and IMO most people don't truly understand them. Recruits going to a Military Academy do have other options and get recruited just as any other "football player." Do they have the option to play at Alabama, Ohio State, or other elite programs, almost certainly not, but it isn't unusual for them to turn down P5 offers to go play for an Academy. You don't get the level of competitiveness you see from the academies against P5 opponents year after year if the academies didn't have talent; just look at how well the Army D held up to OU, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. Their overall level of roster talent is not on par with NU, not even close, but the reality is many of the academy players are non-power 5 D1 caliber and had options to play at those types of schools. 

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

100%. Army-Navy is one of my favorite games of the year. Army also hasn't had a top 100 recruiting class in the last 10 years, and routinely have one of the worst 10 classes in all of FBS. They run their system out of necessity, and do an amazing job of it. 

6 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

It is my Alma Mater, so yeah a fan. Point still stands and IMO most people don't truly understand them. Recruits going to a Military Academy do have other options and get recruited just as any other "football player." Do they have the option to play at Alabama, Ohio State, or other elite programs, almost certainly not, but it isn't unusual for them to turn down P5 offers to go play for an Academy. You don't get the level of competitiveness you see from the academies against P5 opponents year after year if the academies didn't have talent; just look at how well the Army D held up to OU, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. Their overall level of roster talent is on par with NU, not even close, but the reality is many of the academy players are non-power 5 D1 caliber and had options to play at those types of schools. 

That was kinda my point.  Nebraska can recruit a little better than West Point.  

I didn't mean to diminish the young men.  I'm just saying Army can only recruit guys who are going into the military.  They're really limited.  It makes their success all the more admirable, to be honest. 

Imagine if BYU could only recruit mission kids.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That was kinda my point.  Nebraska can recruit a little better than West Point.  

I didn't mean to diminish the young men.  I'm just saying Army can only recruit guys who are going into the military.  They're really limited.  It makes their success all the more admirable, to be honest. 

Imagine if BYU could only recruit mission kids.

fair enough