New Staff Selection

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Now it appears his son plays fullback for Utah after redshirting a season with Iowa in 2017. Thus I doubt Ludwig would leave the program without his son. 

I doubt he leaves a team playing in the Rose Bowl with a coach not close to the hot seat for much rougher waters. I’d love this hire, but seems like a pipe dream. 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I doubt he leaves a team playing in the Rose Bowl with a coach not close to the hot seat for much rougher waters. I’d love this hire, but seems like a pipe dream. 

And the crazy moves, like Lincoln to USC, Venables to OU, Kelly to LSU are moves to a HC or big time programs.  Maybe he'd come here.  Has been all over.  But as this continues, most of the names that have been thrown out are starting to look like pipe dreams.

Ludwig makes $900k/year. He's already making a lot more than we were paying Lubick and Walters. There's no chance he comes here, unless you think Alberts is gonna REALLY open up the checkbook for a staff he might have to fire next year.

46 minutes ago, Toe said:

Ludwig makes $900k/year. He's already making a lot more than we were paying Lubick and Walters. There's no chance he comes here, unless you think Alberts is gonna REALLY open up the checkbook for a staff he might have to fire next year.

Frost took a million dollar pay cut to open up the pocket book…. Plus he’s a big10 guy who maybe wants the stability of the big 10

14 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Frost took a million dollar pay cut to open up the pocket book…. Plus he’s a big10 guy who maybe wants the stability of the big 10

Frost took a pay cut to keep his spot.  He could drop off another 2 million to pay for staff replacements.  We have buyouts to cover for the 4 we cut, plus a 2 or 3 year deal with new hires.  It may be an inside hire like Ron Brown for RBs.  He save a bit too.  
A former Husker elsewhere might save a few bucks - maybe.  But I’d let Frost pick up tab for his fires & hires. 

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Frost took a pay cut to keep his spot.  He could drop off another 2 million to pay for staff replacements.  We have buyouts to cover for the 4 we cut, plus a 2 or 3 year deal with new hires.  It may be an inside hire like Ron Brown for RBs.  He save a bit too.  
A former Husker elsewhere might save a few bucks - maybe.  But I’d let Frost pick up tab for his fires & hires. 

He took a lesser buy out to keep his spot…. He took a pay cut to get more money for his assistants.  

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I think he lost his other gig and he was offered one at his alma mater. Nothing more.

I’m glad we got MJ. We can better recruit  Louisiana and now with OU going defense minded with Venables you can see a lot of WR’s in the region no longer have the lure to high offense Riley was known for. I think we can upgrade in the WR area both with development and winning a higher grade of recruit. Positive momentum next year can pay big dividends for the future but we have to win first.