New Staff Selection

34 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Here's the only logical direction.  MJ is passing game coordinator...so that should eliminate any OC that is pass heavy or has a heavy strength in knowledge in passing concepts/route combinations, etc...they will likely hire a guy who is a run heavy guy or a guy who's philosophy is more of a run first guy...i.e. army's oc, Utahs oc, UTSAs oc, coastals oc, North Texas oc...or someone like that.

If they have MJ as passing game coordinator and then bring in an air raid guy, that's idiotic.

Now that I've thought this through...I could see this happening.

I'm sure MJ requested a more prestigious job title to sweeten the pot. I wouldn't read too much into it. 

• Plus1 2

If we just add a 5th down into our offensive strategy I think our first downs would get a bit better, especially if we run the damn ball about 80% of the snaps.  Just throw it on 5th down instead of the customary punt.  Most defenses won’t be ready for this scheme, especially early in the games when we need to jump out to a quick 4 TD lead in the first quarter.  And if we give opponents just 2 downs with a 35 yard long chain for their use, it just might work against the weaker half of our schedule.  
And speaking of schedules, let’s line up about 10 games vs the MAC teams to get a bowl game within reach.  
Not sure why Trev didn’t think of this already?  

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm sure MJ requested a more prestigious job title to sweeten the pot. I wouldn't read too much into 

Associate head coach was the more prestigious title.  Recruiting coordinator is logical as is passing game coordinator. 

We will hire a run first oc.  MJ being named passing game coordinator matters.

6 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Associate head coach was the more prestigious title.  Recruiting coordinator is logical as is passing game coordinator. 

We will hire a run first oc.  MJ being named passing game coordinator matters.

It happens all the time in CFB. Jake Peetz wasn't a run first OC had a history as an NFL QB and WR coach, yet LSU had a PGC. Baylor had a pass focused OC and Brile's son as PSG. Lebby was a PGC under Briles. It hardly ever means the OC is a run focused guy and needs someone to coordinate the passing game. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It happens all the time in CFB. Jake Peetz wasn't a run first OC had a history as an NFL QB and WR coach, yet LSU had a PGC. Baylor had a pass focused OC and Brile's son as PSG. Lebby was a PGC under Briles. It hardly ever means the OC is a run focused guy and needs someone to coordinate the passing game. 

Ok

17 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

Ah yes! Friday! A mere 5 days away from ESD. I really want to believe that they've done their due diligence in getting these hires right, but the pain of this season is still resonating. How tf have we not locked this in yet??

We have 11 commits and this class has always been said to be maybe 12-14.  I'm not too worried about the early signing period when you can still pick up a few in February once you have more time to evaluate who the new OC wants, who is left and who is coming in from the portal.

• Thanks 1