New Staff Selection

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have 11 commits and this class has always been said to be maybe 12-14.  I'm not too worried about the early signing period when you can still pick up a few in February once you have more time to evaluate who the new OC wants, who is left and who is coming in from the portal.

Plus I dont think anyone is going to try to steal our low 3 star commits.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Da Bears have the 22nd ranked offensive line in football according to Pro Football Focus. 

Their offensive line coach's assistant is probably the answer to our problems. :blink:

Nick Saban had a losing record in the NFL.  Urban Meyer is overseeing a bad Jaguar team.

I'm not saying Riaola would be a great hire.  But I do think it's kind of silly to compare NFL rankings and assume it would transfer directly to the NCAA.  There is a lot more that goes into it that I hope Frost and Co. are looking into.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Da Bears have the 22nd ranked offensive line in football according to Pro Football Focus. 

Their offensive line coach's assistant is probably the answer to our problems. :blink:

they've had injuries.  Not saying they would have been much better healthy but I don't think it helps.  They run the ball well but much like Nebraska get into situations where the other team knows they are passing

33 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

They run the ball well but much like Nebraska get into situations where the other team knows they are passing

I'm a bears fan (I know, glutton for punishment) and this guy has turned chicken s@!t into chicken salad.  They're trotting out an LT who is 39 and was fishing when the season started, a LG who was a center (he's solid), an UDFA C who spot started at notre dame, a RG who was a center in college (he's solid), a RT who is a rookie 5th round pick that clearly wasn't ready but was forced into action.

And if you can believe it, their backups aren't good either...aside from Jenkins from okie state...but he's just back from injury and hasn't played.

This guy can coach and improve the oline.   It was a dumpster fire throwing and rushing early.  Now its damn good running and adequate passing...

Their problem is crap playcalling now, not offensive line play.  He'd be a great hire 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I'm a bears fan (I know, glutton for punishment) and this guy has turned chicken s@!t into chicken salad.  They're trotting out an LT who is 39 and was fishing when the season started, a LG who was a center (he's solid), an UDFA C who spot started at notre dame, a RG who was a center in college (he's solid), a RT who is a rookie 5th round pick that clearly wasn't ready but was forced into action.

And if you can believe it, their backups aren't good either...aside from Jenkins from okie state...but he's just back from injury and hasn't played.

This guy can coach and improve the oline.   It was a dumpster fire throwing and rushing early.  Now its damn good running and adequate passing...

Their problem is crap playcalling now, not offensive line play.  He'd be a great hire 

Bears fan here too. Didn’t Donovan Raiola have a training service before he was hired?

Raiola is the Bears assistant OL coach, not their OL coach (that's Juan Castillo), so I am not sure how much credit/blame he has towards their line this year.

If you are hiring Raiola know that he has never really recruited before.  He's been an intern at Hawaii in 2014, grad asst at Notre Dame in 2015-16, and OL coach at Aurora University (D-3) in 2017.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Raiola is the Bears assistant OL coach, not their OL coach (that's Juan Castillo), so I am not sure how much credit/blame he has towards their line this year.

If you are hiring Raiola know that he has never really recruited before.  He's been an intern at Hawaii in 2014, grad asst at Notre Dame in 2015-16, and OL coach at Aurora University (D-3) in 2017.

If we are hiring Raiola, know that his nephew is one of, if not the best QB in the upcoming class and if hiring helps us get him, he gets a pass or two on the recruiting trail.

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I think he would be a solid hire. I’m still hoping for Garrison. He’s proven he can coach in college and has experience in recruiting. 

This guy could have some credibility with recruits because if NFL experience. He would also bring the Wisconsin O line attitude. 

• Plus1 2