New Staff Selection

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I agree.  With 13 P5 teams (20% approx) involved in the coaching carousel this year, we have a much clearer road ahead if we make the change.   Our competition for a quality coach is limited.  Add to this that several blue blood programs made changes this year, our program will be more attractive to the coach willing to take on a rebuild.

Perhaps Texas will be impatient and fire their 2 year coach next year but I can't think of another 'blue blood' who will be in the market next year. 

Perhaps Fickell may be ready to kick the wheels again in the Big 10 or Chadwell would be ready to move up to a P5 conference.  

Question:  wt Mickey Joseph being named Assistant HC, does that place him in the driver's seat to become a Frost replacement if we are looking for a new coach next year?  Was that a requirment  of Joseph to accept the position - to have an inside shot at the HC job if it opened?

There’s no f#&%ing way there was any mention to Joseph that he’d be the head coach. 

6 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Is it possible that the delay is that TA decided to fire Frost and the search has changed? 

Just speculation, but is it possible new information about Frost’s ineptness was shared last week by the departing players? 

it’s also weird to me to name MJ before an OC, and associate head coach was added to his title. 

Bro what 

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

You know or just want me to cold turkey quit the Huskers?  Asking for a friend.

Also, I don't want you to quit cold turkey but would likely be taking a year off too if that were to happen...He's a piece of junk as far as I'm concerned. 

• Thanks 1

I think he wants Graham Harrell for Texas recruiting, attracting elite QBs, and a style that overwhelms the BIG west. Nebraska obliterated Wisconsin's D, and I think Scott wants a better version of that with his Wr and TE talent. Harrell also has a well defined identity. If it is Graham, I don't love it, but I can sort of see why he'd be considered.  

• Plus1 6