New Staff Selection

3 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think he wants Graham Harrell for Texas recruiting, attracting elite QBs, and a style that overwhelms the BIG west. Nebraska obliterated Wisconsin's D, and I think Scott wants a better version of that with his Wr and TE talent. Harrell also has a well defined identity. If it is Graham, I don't love it, but I can sort of see why he'd be considered.  

I'd rather have Chad Morris if we want Texas connections.....

I am also unsure how well the air raid will work against teams that pin their ears back and have been getting to NU QB's rushing 3-4 and seldom having to bring extra guys.  OSU leads the B1G and is number 4 in yards per game passing.  Michigan beat them senseless.  Oregon beat them with OSU throwing for almost 500 yards with Stroud airing it out 54 times....Oregon ran it down their throat as well rushing for almost 270.  Want to win the B1G?  Run.

Purdue and Maryland both threw for more yards per game than USC.  Again, no thanks.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am also unsure how well the air raid will work against teams that pin their ears back and have been getting to NU QB's rushing 3-4 and seldom having to bring extra guys.  OSU leads the B1G and is number 4 in yards per game passing.  Michigan beat them senseless.  Oregon beat them with OSU throwing for almost 500 yards with Stroud airing it out 54 times....Oregon ran it down their throat as well rushing for almost 270.  Want to win the B1G?  Run.

Purdue and Maryland both threw for more yards per game than USC.  Again, no thanks.

Honestly, if it is Graham I don't know what the plan is other than he will put really good assistants with him and really good athletes. Graham will get good QBs to sign here. Our strength right now is at the skill positions so Scott might feel like this would be an easier transition, and it would blend well with Mickey Joseph? Idk.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Honestly, if it is Graham I don't know what the plan is other than he will put really good assistants with him and really good athletes. Graham will get good QBs to sign here. Our strength right now is at the skill positions so Scott might feel like this would be an easier transition, and it would blend well with Mickey Joseph? Idk.

Assuming he gets a QB from the portal. Smothers is not ready to run the air raid  

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

Your example of strong passing teams not working in the B1G is Ohio St? Not really sure that’s a good example haha. Purdue isn’t Uber talented and can’t run for s#!t and did fine this year. People over exaggerate style, just do what what you do well and you can win in any league. 

• Plus1 6

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

To be fair, the guy has had a Top 25 offense like 5 years in a row. 

People are worried at CC and he coached 2 years at North Texas.  His years at USC were nothing spectacular.  4-8 this season, 5-1 in 2020 and 8-4 his 1st year there.  Maybe we are destined for an OC no one else appears to be after.

16 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think he wants Graham Harrell for Texas recruiting, attracting elite QBs, and a style that overwhelms the BIG west. Nebraska obliterated Wisconsin's D, and I think Scott wants a better version of that with his Wr and TE talent. Harrell also has a well defined identity. If it is Graham, I don't love it, but I can sort of see why he'd be considered.  

Hi, Pass the damn ball guy speaking here.  The Air-Raid doesn't work.  Drop 7 into coverage and your offense is limited to screen passes to running backs, play after play.  The same concept of loading the box against "run the damn ball guy".

Also, HCSF has one year to get over .500 (probably 7 wins) to keep his job. Thinking about the future, or Texas ties or Raiola connections won't get you nowhere next season. 

Let's get a balance offense and hand over the play calling to an OC.  Next season is do or die.  Coaches know it, players know it too. 

• Plus1 1