New Staff Selection

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Your example of strong passing teams not working in the B1G is Ohio St? Not really sure that’s a good example haha. Purdue isn’t Uber talented and can’t run for s#!t and did fine this year. People over exaggerate style, just do what what you do well and you can win in any league. 

Showing that passing alone won't win the B1G.  It didn't this year.  A strong ground game did.  Also 2 teams that I do not want to emulate (even though Frost is 1-3 against Purdue) threw more than USC. The B1G is not a league devoid of passing teams. Thinking bringing the air raid to Lincoln will exploit the West is just not true.  My post was in response to that.  

Have you seen our OL?  I do not see the air raid working out. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Vince R. said:

Football is a pretty easy sport. If you develop your players correctly, your play calls are a lot easier.

I think he struggled at USC mostly because they cannot develop there and haven't been able to for over a decade. They have been getting by on raw talent alone. 

Frost has 1 year to show results. He does not have time to develop players. And I think it's safe to safe on offesne that only Beckton did.  Hence they all got fired.  They need to be game ready day 1.  

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Football is a pretty easy sport. If you develop your players correctly, your play calls are a lot easier.

I think he struggled at USC mostly because they cannot develop there and haven't been able to for over a decade. They have been getting by on raw talent alone. 

I have bad things to tell you about Nebraska 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Cool Frost is interested in UNKs HC

He is not. The article even said that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, they talked about the OL coach job. The Lopers are definitely a Run The Damn Ball team. But it sounds like he's staying put, with a fresh contract extension & pay bump from UNK.

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Showing that passing alone won't win the B1G.  It didn't this year.  A strong ground game did.  Also 2 teams that I do not want to emulate (even though Frost is 1-3 against Purdue) threw more than USC. The B1G is not a league devoid of passing teams. Thinking bringing the air raid to Lincoln will exploit the West is just not true.  My post was in response to that.  

Have you seen our OL?  I do not see the air raid working out. 

I don’t think there is a easy solution. Frost has tried to be run heavy since he’s been here and it clearly isn’t working either. Run heavy, pass heavy, well balanced - it’s all a 1 year Hail Mary at this point. Frost might be sick of trying to out Wisconsin/Iowa/Minnesota the Badgers/Hawks/Gophs. Maybe the path of least resistance rests heavy on using Betts, Omar, Fidone, Rahmir in the passing game. Getting an OL coach who can get the hogs decent at pass blocking and getting a big time transfer QB. 

58 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'm with you on Graham. That'd be disappointing. Jeff Quinn would seem to be good for OL.

I agree on both fronts and do believe the flight tracker from a day or two ago to South Bend was for Quinn. I am still holding hope that the flight tracker to near Fayetteville was for Briles. 

I will be really bummed if Frost fired Lubic only to get Graham.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree on both fronts and do believe the flight tracker from a day or two ago to South Bend was for Quinn. I am still holding hope that the flight tracker to near Fayetteville was for Briles. 

I will be really bummed if Frost fired Lubic only to get Graham.

I'd keep Lubick over Graham in a heartbeat. Besides his offense not being a fit, I don't like the guy.