New Staff Selection

10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree on both fronts and do believe the flight tracker from a day or two ago to South Bend was for Quinn. I am still holding hope that the flight tracker to near Fayetteville was for Briles. 

I will be really bummed if Frost fired Lubic only to get Graham.

Why would we want that piece of s#!t Kendall Briles

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I know I posted this before, but here is what was written of Graham's air raid offense just 3 months ago.

https://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/2021/09/28/the-scoop-and-score-the-air-raid-offense-has-run-out-of-miles/

The same is true in 2021. Defenses have figured out that dropping eight defenders into coverage and forcing junior quarterback Kedon Slovis to methodically march the ball down the field will grind the high-flying offense to a halt.

Basically just do what Bo did against Leach and other pass-happy Big 12 offenses with the Peso...

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don’t think there is a easy solution. Frost has tried to be run heavy since he’s been here and it clearly isn’t working either. Run heavy, pass heavy, well balanced - it’s all a 1 year Hail Mary at this point. Frost might be sick of trying to out Wisconsin/Iowa/Minnesota the Badgers/Hawks/Gophs. Maybe the path of least resistance rests heavy on using Betts, Omar, Fidone, Rahmir in the passing game. Getting an OL coach who can get the hogs decent at pass blocking and getting a big time transfer QB. 

This is the key. Nothing works if the OL can't block.  I think a good OL coach is probably the most important piece that we need.  As it relates to harrell, we do not have a QB on the roster recruited for that.  We continue to wait, we are losing out on the portal guys.  Depending in how much frost is involved concerns me as well. The guys you mentioned above (minus Fidone) were all here this year and severely under used.  I blame the lack of coaching, play calling and scheme.  We were a all over the place there, IMO.  We had  the best TE in the B1G and appeared to be rarely used in the red zone.  Same with Vok.  So many times with Mannig, Betts and Toure not on the field at the same time.  I realize in year 2 Betts had route issues, no doubt that's corrected in week one with Joseph.

Even though the OL is a huge problem regardless, I can't stand anything labelled air raid or predicated on more passing than running.  Last year 500 pass plays to 400 run plays.

Here are a couple of local reads bemoaning the USC offense.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/30/usc-needs-to-stop-playing-in-between-offense-vs-colorado/

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/07/usc-run-game-lacks-any-real-creativity-or-function-trojans-football-graham-harrell-tim-drevno/

(this game they rushed for 5 total yards.  Against the 98th run D in FBS)

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-2020-Offense-Review-The-Bottom-Line-analytics-statistics-Trojans-Pac-12-162358093/

(We’ve pinata’d the Trojan run game enough over the course of previous installments in this series, so we don’t need to whack that dead horse too much more. Suffice it to say that USC was an inefficient but explosive passing team and an inefficient and non-explosive running team, and even operating under those realities, they were still able to be a strong offense. )

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not saying this has any likelihood of happening but it's said that Ewers is a pretty big fan of Harrell.

Yes please!!!

52 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not saying this has any likelihood of happening but it's said that Ewers is a pretty big fan of Harrell.

Yes please!!!

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

Unless Graham is willing to change a ton of his offense, I just don't see how this is the direction Scott goes. This is kind of crazy. 

He'll get destroyed in the Big 10. His offense does nothing for Nebraska and does not belong here. Good luck getting it up to speed in a year too. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

Hi, Pass the damn ball guy speaking here.  The Air-Raid doesn't work.  Drop 7 into coverage and your offense is limited to screen passes to running backs, play after play.  The same concept of loading the box against "run the damn ball guy".

Also, HCSF has one year to get over .500 (probably 7 wins) to keep his job. Thinking about the future, or Texas ties or Raiola connections won't get you nowhere next season. 

Let's get a balance offense and hand over the play calling to an OC.  Next season is do or die.  Coaches know it, players know it too. 

Lincoln Riley is an Air Raid disciple. He has added a balanced running attack with option elements included while at OU under Stoops. No reason SF can’t have the same input on Harrell’s scheme at NU. 

• Plus1 2