New Staff Selection

12 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Is Joe Brady not absurdly overrated? One year where he wasn’t even the primary play caller? What am I not seeing 

Yeah, I asked the same thing earlier in the thread. No idea.

9 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Lincoln Riley is an Air Raid disciple. He has added a balanced running attack with option elements included while at OU under Stoops. No reason SF can’t have the same input on Harrell’s scheme at NU. 

Incorporates a running portion, yes. But no, doesn't add a balanced running attack at all.  Sometimes his hand is forced too.  Their talent and OL contribute to the rushing success.

And I am not quite sure HCSF will give the new OC the keys to do whatever he wants, and call the game each week.  It just isn't going to happen no matter who comes here next.  SF will be a big part of play calling for sure.

Ah yes, the vaunted Graham Harrell rushing attack...

The Trojans rushed for a grand total of five yards on the night. It looked at one point like the Trojans were going to put up a negative rushing total for the game before a couple of moderate runs late in garbage time put them in the plus category.

The Washington State Cougars entered the game 98th in the FBS in rushing defense. When your opponent is 98th in the nation in rush defense and it holds you to five total yards of rushing, something went terribly wrong — that’s exactly what happened Sunday night with USC. This is the fourth week in a row that the Trojans haven’t had a 100-yard rusher or anything even close to it. It wasn’t just a breakdown last night; this is Graham Harrell’s offense and it’s not working as well is it should for USC.

Just now, admo said:

Harrell was up for the Colorado State HC job, and didn't get it the other day (went to Jay Norvell).  So that's what the Huskers staff was probably waiting all this time to hear (his availability). 

Wouldn't that be some s#!t

Taking a guy that couldn’t make the cut at other spots....

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Taking a guy that couldn’t make the cut at other spots....

If he is the guy as hinted, and he works out, great.  But I will not believe for one second, that this was the missing link, when the bloodbath firing went down in Lincoln.  I doubt he was (is) among the top candidates on the list.  Nor do I think many coaches wanted to come here for one year.  Anybody who knows anything in coaching, understands how hot the seat is for HCSF next year.  And it's probably why MJ took forever to take the WR job.  So they gave him cash and 3 titles.  Everybody is with a job said no thank you.  Others probably interested in somewhere with some more stability in the future.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
28 minutes ago, admo said:

Incorporates a running portion, yes. But no, doesn't add a balanced running attack at all.  Sometimes his hand is forced too.  Their talent and OL contribute to the rushing success.

And I am not quite sure HCSF will give the new OC the keys to do whatever he wants, and call the game each week.  It just isn't going to happen no matter who comes here next.  SF will be a big part of play calling for sure.

Not sure what OU team you have been watching over the past 7 years, but Lincoln Riley has been adamant, and on record, about having a good running attack. Below are his rankings in rushing O at OU as both an OC and HC. The last two years were a drop off, last year due to COVID and personnel issues, and he has mentioned how the running attack this year has been an issue holding them back. Their best offensive years have been when they can run it well, he is on record stating as such. Not saying Harrell would do the same under SF, but it is possible to blend Air Raid with a dominant running attack.

Rushing Ranks

2015 - 23rd (OC)

2016 - 18th (OC)

2017 - 27th (HC)

2018 - 11th (HC)

2019 - 14th (HC)

2020 - 49th (HC)

2021 - 54th (HC)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1