New Staff Selection

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Yes they smoked us so bad to the point of 259 total yards of offense. They even almost matched our juggernaut high-powered 2009 offense, as we got 285 yards of offense. Look how embarrassing this beatdown was by Leach and TT's smoking offense:

35 points with a back up QB against Nebraska’s best D in 20+ years.  I’m a “run the damn ball “ proponent, but my point is that passing doesn’t always suck if you know how to do it well.  

39 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

35 points with a back up QB against Nebraska’s best D in 20+ years.  I’m a “run the damn ball “ proponent, but my point is that passing doesn’t always suck if you know how to do it well.  

That game was a “clunker”.  Huskers just seemed disinterested the entire day.  I think it might have been one of NUs first possessions when a horizontal pass fell incomplete and the Nebraska receiver just watched as TT ran it in for a score.

Any offense will beat a team that doesn’t think they need to “try”.

I know I have been sharing some interesting items of note on flight tracker including to Baton Rouge and South Bend last week and Fayetteville the past couple days. Here are some interesting locations today...

1. Departures from Lincoln: Palm Springs and San Jose, CA

2. Arrivals into Lincoln from: Cincinnatti, Miami, and Colorado Springs. 

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I know I have been sharing some interesting items of note on flight tracker including to Baton Rouge and South Bend last week and Fayetteville the past couple days. Here are some interesting locations today...

1. Departures from Lincoln: Palm Springs and Sam Jose, CA

The latter location is home of Colorado State where Harrell is being considered for head coach. 

A) CSU is in Ft Collins, not Colorado Springs.  Air Force is in Colorado Springs, so go ahead and start rumors that we are targeting one of their coaches.

B) Jay Norvell was hired by CSU yeserday

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I'm not sure about that.  USC was right at 55/45 pass/run this year.  We're not talking about the 72% pass Mike Leach offense.

They put in some of Frost's running schemes and get close to 50/50 and that could be interesting. 

8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Hell, in this thread we have people s#!tting on Harrell for whooping a conf foe, but they didn't rush for any yards.

Gee, maybe I'm missing something, but from where I'm sitting it sure looks like it's our running game that needs more help, not passing. And if you want to improve that, maybe it's not such a great idea to hire a guy whose expertise is pretty clearly not in rushing the ball? :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A) CSU is in Ft Collins, not Colorado Springs.  Air Force is in Colorado Springs, so go ahead and start rumors that we are targeting one of their coaches.

B) Jay Norvell was hired by CSU yeserday

Thanks for the updates I typed in colleges near Colorado Springs and misread the results!  Now that is interesting about Air Force. 

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or, this isn’t the guy and fans and media people have made more of this than it is. 

Seriously this. All the names thrown out have just been snowballed from some random a$$h@!e on Twitter (looking at you @genetics56). It’s just manufacturing storylines. 

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

1. Departures from Lincoln: Palm Springs and San Jose, CA

Fayetteville? Kendal Briles perhaps? 

8 hours ago, The Duke said:

The more I think about it, I can't help but wonder if Graham Harrell's name was purposely floated out there now to gauge what the fan's reaction would be?

Based off multiple Husker message boards (including this one), and along with twitter reactions to the Lincoln Journal Star story about the OC search - the overwhelming consenus at least from the fans is that this hire would be an absolute train wreck of a disaster.

Frost would essentially be signing his own pink slip for next year by hiring Graham Harrell as his OC.

:laughpoundMaybe Graham Harrell is a distraction diverting attention from our top candidates...

If Scott were plotting a way out, Harrell would work! 

• Oh Yeah! 1