New Staff Selection

53 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

I’d rather have Dawson move on and have Chinander take OLB and hire both a RB and ST.

This was my thoughts exactly Dawson can take another NFL job and Chins was already working with the LB group if memory serves me right.

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What makes the most sense is not having Dawson, Chins take over OLB and Busch does your ST and RC. 

What makes the most sense is for Beckton to stay at TE, hire a RB coach, and have Frost take over ST with Busch as ST analyst. (I know that's not what a lot of people want, but makes the most sense from the current coaches and remaining positions.)

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What makes the most sense is for Beckton to stay at TE, hire a RB coach, and have Frost take over ST with Busch as ST analyst. (I know that's not what a lot of people want, but makes the most sense from the current coaches and remaining positions.)

Yeah I know guys move but they are finally having success with TE's.  BigTen TE of the year can help with recruiting.  I know they have Fidone but he hasn't played a down and is coming off an injury.  Would be nice to have a little bit of stability on the offensive side of the ball.  

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yes Raiola is a big question mark.  He could wind up being great.  Could be a complete flop.  We just don't know.  A curious hire indeed.

I feel like Whipple and Joseph are the class of assistant coaches Frost should have hired in the first place.  If he can do it when his job security is as precarious as it is he could have done it when he was the toast of the town.

Maybe it'll be enough to save his keister at this point but it's not a sure thing.  One way or another I hope we can keep MJ on board.

I'm sure we'll send Whipple off with a nice retirement package in a year or 2.  Obviously not a long term answer. 

Well said

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, the way I am guessing this goes.

Whipple - OC/QB

Raiola - OL

Joseph - WR

Brown - RB

Frost - ST

Don't want to come in here and throw bombs, but Frost - ST is a big HELL NO from me. He's proven himself unable to fix it thus far, him with no assistant at all does not inspire confidence.

Ron Brown seems like a pretty good RB coach based on past results but he is also a bigot.

Give me a a full time ST coach (Busch? - a great recruiter!) over this lineup, IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3