New Staff Selection

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Whipple was making just north of $500k at Pitt so it seems reasonable that he'd be making $750k+, I think Joseph's deal is north of $600k.

Maybe that’s it. No more hires until Frost gets paid so they can deduct it from his check - until it runs out.  Guess he’s got savings surely to tap next.  

1 hour ago, huskerfan99 said:

I’d rather have Dawson move on and have Chinander take OLB and hire both a RB and ST.

The problem with that scenario is that OLB's are a very unnatural position for a DC to attempt to coach in game while calling game.  IF NU went that route, Ruud makes the most sense, & frankly he's the weakest link as both a coach & recruiter on that side of the ball.  

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

The problem with that scenario is that OLB's are a very unnatural position for a DC to attempt to coach in game while calling game.  IF NU went that route, Ruud makes the most sense, & frankly he's the weakest link as both a coach & recruiter on that side of the ball.  

I think it best to keep the Defensive staff “as is” - fill special teams with somebody on the offensive side or divide the duties between a couple.  Frost needs to do something.  

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You dont need a RB coach if you dont run the ball. This is the evolution. Frost killed the FB and now hes killing the RB lol 

Yea.  And if it’s true that the QB is gonna be a pocket passer, the O line coach doesn’t have to teach all that time consuming run blocking either!   Frost is even smarter than ever dreamed!   

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

What makes the most sense is for Beckton to stay at TE, hire a RB coach, and have Frost take over ST with Busch as ST analyst. (I know that's not what a lot of people want, but makes the most sense from the current coaches and remaining positions.)

You wants the guy who said the ST was fixed before the Iowa game running the ST?