New Staff Selection

25 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I did see on flight tracker a plane arriving late from Stillwater. Are we recruiting anybody there? If not, maybe going after their RB coach with that also used to coach special teams for LSU and Alabama...John Wozniak.  Thoughts?  

https://okstate.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/john-wozniak/1947

My guess it’s probably for an in-home with Hunter Anthony. 

OL transfer we are after.

I've given up on grading coaching hires or trying to guess how the coaches will do. We have no idea how the coaches hired will do. On paper Hoiberg and Frost were home run hires for Nebraska and the university. Both have not had success. So who knows, these staff changes may be great, sure Joseph seems to be a great hire and a great WR coach and a good recruiter, doesn't mean he comes to Nebraska and maintains that success. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

I've given up on grading coaching hires or trying to guess how the coaches will do. We have no idea how the coaches hired will do. On paper Hoiberg and Frost were home run hires for Nebraska and the university. Both have not had success. So who knows, these staff changes may be great, sure Joseph seems to be a great hire and a great WR coach and a good recruiter, doesn't mean he comes to Nebraska and maintains that success. 

I'm encouraged. I'm not gonna be slurping down Kool-Aid though. We've got a lot of real work that needs to be done.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

At this point I think the reason we haven't seen any other announcements are the remaining two backup plan coaches are already on staff (Beckton and Busch).

^fixed

Is Brown out recruiting?  Could he pick up RB/ST?  If Beckton is moving to RB, why not announce it?  I'd think we'd look for a RB in the portal since some have left.  Be good to hammer out the last pieces to give recruits/transfers more info as to what they are getting into. Same if Dawson is out.

Here is a list of highest paid ST coaches (they have other duties).  Ironically, NU is one of 4 without a dedicated coach that includes OC, Okie State and VT.  Also off 2 of the 14 highest paid are former Husker coaches....Papuchis and Els

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-special-teams-coordinators-in-college-football-2021-edition