New Staff Selection

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm just going off of the two position groups.  Plus, Dawson totally crapped the bed with ST.  If he couldn't do OLB and ST, do you think he could do both LB positions?

I don't think he'd be coaching both spots. I think the idea is that Chins would take over one of the spots since he's done that before

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm just going off of the two position groups.  Plus, Dawson totally crapped the bed with ST.  If he couldn't do OLB and ST, do you think he could do both LB positions?

You are spot on as far as ST is concerned and probably enough reason to be gone anyway.  He is a good LB coach.  Trying to juggle LB on a good defense and something completely different, all phases of ST is much different than juggling OLB and LB, whom seemingly should be in sequence anyway., although I get your point.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, HANC said:

You are spot on as far as ST is concerned and probably enough reason to be gone anyway.  He is a good LB coach.  Trying to juggle LB on a good defense and something completely different, all phases of ST is much different than juggling OLB and LB, whom seemingly should be in sequence anyway., although I get your point.

In the end, I'll support however Frost chooses to do it, until it's proven to be the wrong path.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

If anyone was still thinking Frost might make Brown the new RB coach, he had this to say on Sports Nightly: "As long as I'm here, I'm going to have him around if I can. He's a lot older than he looks, though," Frost said good-naturedly. "So sending him out on the road recruiting and doing all those things, he'd probably do anything for the University of Nebraska and the football program. But I love having him in the role I have him in so that he can be of assistance to me."

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Toe said:

If anyone was still thinking Frost might make Brown the new RB coach, he had this to say on Sports Nightly: "As long as I'm here, I'm going to have him around if I can. He's a lot older than he looks, though," Frost said good-naturedly. "So sending him out on the road recruiting and doing all those things, he'd probably do anything for the University of Nebraska and the football program. But I love having him in the role I have him in so that he can be of assistance to me."

This exactly. Leave Brown in his current role and go get a good coach and a plus recruiter.

• Fire 1

Still no word on Special Teams coach or advisor from what I've seen? Although not surprising I guess since it seems HCSF still doesn't take ST seriously even though they cost us wins every year.

Out of curiosity I looked up the aggregate ST rankings for the four years of Frost's tenure.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/fei/overallst/2021

2018 - #109 - The high point of ST under Frost

2019 - #123

2020 - #115

2021 - #128

• Haha 1
On 12/16/2021 at 9:40 AM, HANC said:

Personally, I tend to agree with you, but it seems like all of the insiders, keep coming up with Ruud rather than Dawson. When I said "can't see them letting Dawson go", it is based off of all of the information I have read and heard from people who know more than I do.  I like Ruud, his passion, his loyalty, his ability.  

This is accurate. Outside of Reimer (who is an incredible athlete, the exception to the rule), I can't say I've seen much development of other ILBs from Ruud. 

His primary recruiting responsibility is Nebraska, particularly in fixing whatever problems we have in Omaha. I've heard it first hand from head coaches in the Omaha metro that he is terrible at that part of his job. Not present at the schools, hasn't built the relationships... that is their view of the world, and it has been consistent. 

8 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Still no word on Special Teams coach or advisor from what I've seen? Although not surprising I guess since it seems HCSF still doesn't take ST seriously even though they cost us wins every year.

Out of curiosity I looked up the aggregate ST rankings for the four years of Frost's tenure.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/fei/overallst/2021

2018 - #109 - The high point of ST under Frost

2019 - #123

2020 - #115

2021 - #128

You must not be looking very hard. All signs point to Busch being named ST coach once Frost figures out his plan for RBs. Busch is on the road recruiting and acting in this role now. He went and got the kicker and punter transfers he wanted. 

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

You must not be looking very hard. All signs point to Busch being named ST coach once Frost figures out his plan for RBs. Busch is on the road recruiting and acting in this role now. He went and got the kicker and punter transfers he wanted. 

Ron Brown has been recruiting also. These are temporary titles, that doesn't prove much of anything.

• Plus1 1