New Staff Selection

54 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

During this season, Castro-Walker was the most exciting thing we had going on during games.  Drink when you see him or when someone asked "who is the guy with the shades (even at night)  standing beside Frost".  Here's to you Mister dark shades and dreadlock wearing Marcus Castro-Walker.  

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, lo country said:

During this season, Castro-Walker was the most exciting thing we had going on during games.  Drink when you see him or when someone asked "who is the guy with the shades (even at night)  standing beside Frost".  Here's to you Mister dark shades and dreadlock wearing Marcus Castro-Walker.  

I don't know how many times it was asked during the season during the in-game threads, but if I were a drinker, I'd likely be dead right now.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

What type of person who has ties to the program writes anonymous blogs s#!tting on the program? I mean, whether they’re right or wrong about what they disseminate, just seems odd and another sign of dysfunction within an organization. Or it’s just full of s#!t. 

What, better to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is A-OK in Huskerland?

I appreciate someone trying to explain why in the hell, under HCSF's leadership, this program has sunk to one of the worst teams in the B1G that finished dead last in recruiting this year.

We went from a pretty decent program under Bo, to a .500 program under Riley, to a bottom feeder under Frost.

Yep, all is well.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

What, better to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is A-OK in Huskerland?

Unfortunately, it's been that way for years for the majority of our fans. One thing I've learned is that our fans don't respond well to any sort of negativity or criticism of any kind. If you comment with even a hint of negativity, you're told that you're "not a true fan" and "maybe you should find another team to cheer for." For a while, I was the odd man out, the only one to voice any sort of warranted criticism. However, over the past year or two there have been many, many more who have started to speak up. I know the high standards this program once had and I'm not sorry for refusing to lower my expectations. It can't be rainbows and unicorns all the time, and the fan base needs to start realizing that. I have supported Frost to this point but it's time for him to s**t or get off the pot, so to speak.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I appreciate someone trying to explain why in the hell, under HCSF's leadership, this program has sunk to one of the worst teams in the B1G that finished dead last in recruiting this year.

We went from a pretty decent program under Bo, to a .500 program under Riley, to a bottom feeder under Frost.

Yep, all is well.

Even though we have no blue if it’s all true or not. 

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

For a while, I was the odd man out, the only one to voice any sort of warranted criticism. 

Yep. Out of hundreds of thousands or millions of Nebraska fans, you were the only single solitary person offering criticism. Congratulations. We're stupid, you're smart. We were wrong, you were right. You're the best, we're the worst. Uh you're very good looking, we're not attractive. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unfortunately, it's been that way for years for the majority of our fans. One thing I've learned is that our fans don't respond well to any sort of negativity or criticism of any kind. If you comment with even a hint of negativity, you're told that you're "not a true fan" and "maybe you should find another team to cheer for." For a while, I was the odd man out, the only one to voice any sort of warranted criticism. However, over the past year or two there have been many, many more who have started to speak up. I know the high standards this program once had and I'm not sorry for refusing to lower my expectations. It can't be rainbows and unicorns all the time, and the fan base needs to start realizing that. I have supported Frost to this point but it's time for him to s**t or get off the pot, so to speak.

This problem is rooted in the local media that are spoon fed their news reports from the Athletic Dept SID - offices and have pretty much always been controlled by the Dept.  Husker news coverage was probably the biggest reason about half the subscribers took the OWH and LJS for the past 30 yrs.  As a result, the reporters had to write mostly puff / positive spin pieces or face penalties or outright ban from Husker info.  Leaks by insiders with agendas were most likely tried but the stories never got printed.  It always amazed me how few negative stories came out from or about disgruntled players / staff even though there had to be many.  

Of course, it was impossible to control 100% when it came to criminal type things - off the campus events that got regional or national coverage.  Outsider media had less constraints and no inside access to lose so if they found the slightest hint of controversy or scandal, it was major news.   Not many of those stories really over 6 decades and tens of thousands athletes, dozens of sports and hundreds of coaches and staff.    Leaks of real juicy stuff would have been out there, before social media arose, if the dirt was there.  Fortunately it wasn’t too common.  

Now, with instant leaks and mass dispersion, news is almost old news by time newspapers can print with 24 hrs.  Pressers are streamed so even those are almost third hand items for media outlets.  But casual observers are still aplenty, especially in times when losing is the norm, so social media is kinda ho hum stuff.  Apathy.  There’s blood in the water but it’s old news for the die hards and who cares news for the rest.    The casual fans are not paying much attention so negative stuff goes nowhere fast. 
But eventually the University has to respond or become the laughing stock embarrassment of their Big Ten elitist club.  It’s happening.  Some care enough to speak up , maybe because Trev is a new sheriff and whistleblowing might be less risky?  

But even the Frost program has been very tight lipped.  The possible recruits ( staff players) or transfers / hires are not even whispered from what seem like true insider sources.  This suggests the decision maker group is very few and very tight knit. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Yep, all is well.

Hahah And yet you completely lose the point, not even same ballpark. Merry Christmas!

Why do people criticize other fans god having a positive attitude about the program or act like they are so much smarter than others because you’re negative and they are positive?Ok, you have a different opinion. Good. 

You know what?  Before you had that negative attitude, someone else had it and was wondering why you didn’t agree. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

You make it seem like those of us who are trying to be patient with what is going on are happy with this s#!t show.  We are just trying to not make the mistakes that were made with the last 4 coaches.  All were let go for varying reasons and you could of made a arguement for any of those guys to stay.  There are not many on this board younger than 30 so most of us know about nebraska and what it means to want the best.  Im tired of going through coaches and you should be also.  That doesnt mean we are willing to sit in this place forever, but every staff change, means you go through recruiting cycles and problems that can come with that with losing players.  Lets be !00% clear, ill say it again 100% clear.  We are NOT in a position to be picky.  We just lost our D line coach to a lateral move for a west coast school.  Alot of people who could of came back for another year of playing didnt.  We have lost a decent amount to the transfer portal and still have as of yet to get ANY qb to come here other than what we currently have.  We are very broken and im not sure dumping an entire staff and starting over is going to surmount to wins.  And ill let another tidbit out there that you should be more than aware of.  Rutgers is better than us.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Yep. Out of hundreds of thousands or millions of Nebraska fans, you were the only single solitary person offering criticism. Congratulations. We're stupid, you're smart. We were wrong, you were right. You're the best, we're the worst. Uh you're very good looking, we're not attractive. 

Aw shucks... you're making me blush. Merry Christmas to you and yours. 

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do people criticize other fans god having a positive attitude about the program or act like they are so much smarter than others because you’re negative and they are positive?Ok, you have a different opinion. Good. 

You know what?  Before you had that negative attitude, someone else had it and was wondering why you didn’t agree. 

Goes both ways. It's not about one side's opinion being better than another, and I've never had that attitude. It's about being able to respect both sides of the argument without condemning the side that doesn't agree with you (which is what happened to me many, many times.) Just because you're critical of a program doesn't mean you're not a true fan. There are a whoooooole lotta Nebraska fans who have some sort of unwritten rule that you should never under any circumstances say anything negative about the program, and that if you do, you're not a real fan and perhaps should look elsewhere. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Goes both ways. It's not about one side's opinion being better than another, and I've never had that attitude. It's about being able to respect both sides of the argument without condemning the side that doesn't agree with you (which is what happened to me many, many times.) Just because you're critical of a program doesn't mean you're not a true fan. There are a whoooooole lotta Nebraska fans who have some sort of unwritten rule that you should never under any circumstances say anything negative about the program, and that if you do, you're not a real fan and perhaps should look elsewhere. 

And no where did I implicate that addressing failures is negative. Just took exception to an individual who is acting more like an anonymous blogger with a source to the program than a gen pop poster with a rumor - which this website has locked up. 

There is a difference and one is more detrimental than the other. One shows signs of dysfunction in the program. A department where decision makers have been wrong for 20 years.