New Staff Selection

On 12/31/2021 at 1:23 PM, Mavric said:

Bryan Applewhite (TCU) and Greg Knox (Florida) rumored to be in the mix for RB coach.

It was suggested that NU has one spot available to sign another RB so perhaps someone could bring a recruit with them.  TCU has an unsigned commit in Ajay Allen, a four-star (247) from Louisiana.  

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I saw Allen play a few times in HS - he's very good. Shifty, speedy, elusive, with a great burst. Had some solid outings against top-tier competition. Nickname is "Quick 6." One of the best backs in Louisiana.

I see Washington offered him this afternoon as well.

At least we are not looking at QB's nicknamed "Pick 6".

Dude sounds legit.  Would love a back who seldom ever loses a yard.  Guys who can lean and get at least a yard or 2 ala Rex, or AA, or Roy etc

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He has a very quick first step. Once he makes his first cut, he accelerates very quickly - home run threat. If you watch his highlights you'll see what I mean. He was on Saban's radar and Kiffin was (is?) targeting him. If we can land him it'd be a pretty big get in my opinion.

I'm not sure that's what we want in the new staff.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GlobalHusker said:

I’m excited to see what Whip can do with the QBs we got. Especially with Thompson and Smothers. I’d like to find out if it was a talent thing or a coaching thing.  Did we get guys that have specific ceilings, or was it lack of effective qb coaching..

But where is our RB coach already?!

No doubt.  Unsure what the hold up is at this point. Be great to announce and get this show on the road.