New Staff Selection

1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

Running back coach question: Is there any chance that Tommie Robinson could be in play behind the scenes? His connection with Mickey and Busch from LSU and the fact he has follows from a few of our players. He just so happens to be a top recruiter in areas we need to recruit. Just throwing it out there as a question. 

or Kevin Faulk? 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Jeff Nixon, You heard it here first

That would be a tremendous hire along with Michael Pitre from the Bears. I hope these are possible names because I am trying to see how Bryan Applewhite continues the Kool-Aid trend, no offense to him. I just haven't read enough to convince myself he will be an asset recruiting or coaching like other options. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

That would be a tremendous hire along with Michael Pitre from the Bears. I hope these are possible names because I am trying to see how Bryan Applewhite continues the Kool-Aid trend, no offense to him. I just haven't read enough to convince myself he will be an asset recruiting or coaching like other options. 

Maybe if he brings that #2 RB recruit with him??

15 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

The Panthers RB coach who took over play calling?

Correct, He is there interim OC right now. But sounds like he isnt in the discussion for the full time job. He is also Will Nixon's dad. No evidence here we have reached out or that we will but it would make sense. The RB room he worked with in Carolina ended up being pretty decent despite injuries. CMC, Chubba Hubbard, and Ameer!

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Correct, He is there interim OC right now. But sounds like he isnt in the discussion for the full time job. He is also Will Nixon's dad. No evidence here we have reached out or that we will but it would make sense. The RB room he worked with in Carolina ended up being pretty decent despite injuries. CMC, Chubba Hubbard, and Ameer!

Hmm, interesting - didn’t know that fact. Yeah, it sounds like he’d stay as the RB coach and I just figured with his increased role to play caller after Brady was let go that he would stay in Carolina.  It would be a step down for him, but to spend time alongside his son could be the pull.

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Hmm, interesting - didn’t know that fact. Yeah, it sounds like he’d stay as the RB coach and I just figured with his increased role to play caller after Brady was let go that he would stay in Carolina.  It would be a step down for him, but to spend time alongside his son could be the pull.

Im not sure it would be a step down per say. I am also not sure what a position coach in the NFL pays like compared to college. I guess time will tell.

• Plus1 1

Serious question.  I see a lot of different ideas and options within the world of HB.  I like some of them.  Do we truly think SF still has NOT located and narrowed list to one (who may be announced soon bc most nfl teams and all of ncaa are done), or do we truly think he is still out there "grasping at straws" and in actively looking for anyone?

I would like to think that he already has his guy or at least a very small list of guys who have already been in discussion. 

What is the "hold up"?  Is it because the guy is still coaching, contract talks, or has he just not found the right "fit"? 

• Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, HANC said:

Serious question.  I see a lot of different ideas and options within the world of HB.  I like some of them.  Do we truly think SF still has NOT located and narrowed list to one (who may be announced soon bc most nfl teams and all of ncaa are done), or do we truly think he is still out there "grasping at straws" and in actively looking for anyone?

I would like to think that he already has his guy or at least a very small list of guys who have already been in discussion. 

What is the "hold up"?  Is it because the guy is still coaching, contract talks, or has he just not found the right "fit"? 

They are not grasping for straws. The whole off season has been very efficient in their execution. I think they are making the interviews and will have a decision before Thursday when recruiting opens up again and we have visitors. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, HANC said:

I'm confident Frost has a very short list of guys he wants in the position and there's mutual interest.  Not sure why it hasn't been announced, but I'm not real concerned about this one position not being announced yet.

I'm not sure a position coach from the NFL to the same position at a P5 program is really a step down.

• Plus1 1