New Staff Selection

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So who are the favorites for RB coach? Greg Knox? Brian Applewhite? Burton Burns? Jay Graham? Michael Pitre? Jeff Nixon?

If Burton still wants to coach they should be all over him for the position. Jay Graham is another that if he is ready to get back to full time coaching we should chase. Pietre and Nixon have great credentials as well and its understandable the delay in the hire if they are chasing one of them. If they announce Knox or Applewhite my question would be why? Why take so long to announce this when they have been available for a while now. 

1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

If Burton still wants to coach they should be all over him for the position. Jay Graham is another that if he is ready to get back to full time coaching we should chase. Pietre and Nixon have great credentials as well and its understandable the delay in the hire if they are chasing one of them. If they announce Knox or Applewhite my question would be why? Why take so long to announce this when they have been available for a while now. 

Frost has covid & the boss normally gets the last interview.  Plus I'm sure there has been some negotiations going on behind the scenes.

14 hours ago, M.A. said:

Dude could be an intelligence analyst. Lol Have no doubt he'll identify all the contributing factors to what's been going on and get it corrected. 

Hasn’t Busch been the STs analyst for awhile in Lincoln?   Idk - but I thot so.  He’s been there so if he has the answers, why has he not helped fix things?  Don’t want to be critical as maybe there is a good explanation.  ?

2 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

Sad if that's the best they can do after all this time is land Bryan Applewhite. I hope this is not the case.

Screenshot 2022-01-13 090000.png

He was at smaller schools up until TCU in 2020. So getting 3 stars isn't terrible. They got a 5-star RB his first year at TCU (Applewhite wasn't listed as the lead recruiter). This year Applewhite was the the lead recruiter for 4-star back Ajay Allen who was committed to TCU but was a decommit after the coaching change. 

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think the major thing here is that we finally have an on the field ST coach.  And one that believes in having the best athletes on the field.

I think he will be the best hire, maybe.  I like Joseph and am actually very positive on Whip.  Raiola I know little about so just gotta hope Trev & Co are overseeing this stuff.  
Applewhite likewise.  
As some have asked, why the delay to give him the new title?   Maybe the hoped they’d get a RB/ST combo guy and keep Busch in the skybox?