New Staff Selection

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Also, I don't believe Frostie is gone if he doesn't have a .500 or better record next year either.

I agree with this.

What I'm guessing is:

3-9 or worse - Probably gone. But I said the same thing about 2021 and was dead wrong. You never know.

4-8 - An improvement which a lot of supporters will make point of so he just needs more time. Not sure Trev will agree though.

5-7 - Huge improvement will be pointed to. I think this is the make or break level and he will probably get another year.

6-6 - Goes to a bowl and will automatically get another year(s). Program back to where it needs to be.

7-5 - Will be hailed as a great turn around and will probably get an extension.

8-4 or better - Extension and pay raise.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I agree with this.

What I'm guessing is:

3-9 or worse - Probably gone. But I said the same thing about 2021 and was dead wrong. You never know.

4-8 - An improvement which a lot of supporters will make point of so he just needs more time. Not sure Trev will agree though.

5-7 - Huge improvement will be pointed to. I think this is the make or break level and he will probably get another year.

6-6 - Goes to a bowl and will automatically get another year(s). Program back to where it needs to be.

Bowl game or bust for Frost. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Then why make his buyout this next year a drop in the bucket and have it jump back up the following year? There is obviously some level of expectation in terms of wins and losses or doing that was completely pointless. 

I had thought the same thing all along but I'm getting a sense that may have all been just to placate half the fan base.  These all may have been shrewd PR moves and Alberts really wants things to work with Frost. He sees the much easier schedule and figures they can get some improvement there.  I now think anything better than 3-9 he gets to stay.  6-6 and it's a lock.  The staff turnover has some built in excuses as well.

It seems somewhat sensible that Frost gets 2022 and 2023 to make things much better as the new hires are getting 2 year deals.  I can’t see Frost getting ANY pay restoration until we get 9 wins.   Period.  I would say maybe get his pay back when he has a minimum .500 NU career record but that still only ties him with Riley who got only 3 years and was fired and Callahan who was above ,500 and was fired.  Pelini and Solich were fired for reasons not directly about wins and losses so much.  Frost  staying after another couple 3-4 win seasons - they’re all gone.   Just my feeling for where the bulk of fans are at this point.

And if the stadium is not pretty full or empties at half times a couple times, or the team quits playing hard for him, it will be a tough sell for Trev.  All this assumes no scandals of course.  

Frost has dug himself into a big hole and the climb out is going to be a major challenge.  Almost everybody wants badly for him to succeed but 6 losing seasons is almost unthinkable for any Neb fan still alive.  

56 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

We won't see an extension unless something happens no one is expecting, like winning the conference. There's no upside to it. He's not leaving to go somewhere else, so why after one winning season would you make the buyout harder again? Especially when you look at the extension Moos saddle Trev with on Fred's contract. Trev's smarter than that.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I had thought the same thing all along but I'm getting a sense that may have all been just to placate half the fan base.  These all may have been shrewd PR moves and Alberts really wants things to work with Frost. He sees the much easier schedule and figures they can get some improvement there.  I now think anything better than 3-9 he gets to stay.  6-6 and it's a lock.  The staff turnover has some built in excuses as well.

he goes 3-9 or 4-8 next season...I dont see it being a way to say hey look we just need 1 more year guys. The fanbase wont support that. I know personally I have been teetering the last year and a half. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he goes 3-9 or 4-8 next season...I dont see it being a way to say hey look we just need 1 more year guys. The fanbase wont support that. I know personally I have been teetering the last year and a half. 

I'm with you,  I'm having to manufacture kool aid and it's difficult, but I am really getting the sense the administration isn't thinking the same thing even with the buyout reduction.  Could just be the voices in my head.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'm with you,  I'm having to manufacture kool aid and it's difficult, but I am really getting the sense the administration isn't thinking the same thing even with the buyout reduction.  Could just be the voices in my head.  :lol:

I really dont know how I could manufacture any koolaid if we crap our pants this next season....I will have runout. It doesnt take a coach 6 years to win more games than he loses. I would lose all faith in NU ever returning to the top 10. 

• Plus1 2