New Staff Selection

2 hours ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

We won't see an extension unless something happens no one is expecting, like winning the conference. There's no upside to it. He's not leaving to go somewhere else, so why after one winning season would you make the buyout harder again? Especially when you look at the extension Moos saddle Trev with on Fred's contract. Trev's smarter than that.

Recruiting. If the administration doesn't have enough faith in the head coach to extend his contract it is hard to convince a lot of recruits that he is going to be around through their time at the school.

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he goes 3-9 or 4-8 next season...I dont see it being a way to say hey look we just need 1 more year guys. The fanbase wont support that. I know personally I have been teetering the last year and a half. 

I don't know about that. From the polls I've seen well over 50% were happy enough with 3-9 & 15-29 to want to retain HCSF. If we went 3-9 I'm betting that number might go down some but their will still be a sizeable percentage of the fan base that will want to stick with him.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, lo country said:

I agree.  But I still think that 2022 is not make or break for Frost. I think he gets 2023 regardless of record.  

As to Frost being better than Frost.......I'd take Frank and his record back any day over Frost.  IMO, Frank should have been given more time after firing his guys.  And I guess, if I am going to be fair,  Frost should deserve another year regardless of record with his staff.....

It's hard to "expect X" record with a new staff, that's never worked together, with new scheme, culture, new center, potential new QB who hasn't worked with anyone on the team etc.....Throw in a D that has to start some new guys in key positions, new DL coach (even though he's known to guys) and it's an uphill climb when you talk all of that. And I stil don't see this "easy/easier" schedule a lot are talking about.  I can see 4-8/6-6.

Frank had a cupcake schedule and barely won.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Recruiting. If the administration doesn't have enough faith in the head coach to extend his contract it is hard to convince a lot of recruits that he is going to be around through their time at the school.

As long as the extension has a small/limited/no buyout they can extend him for 50 years for all I care.

4 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

This kind of falls inline with what we have heard from others with close ties to the program. Unfathomable how this type of thing has been allowed to happen.

The problem is I've heard the same from metro head coaches about Husker coaches still on staff... 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Did not say that.   He had a stacked cupboard and not replacing the talent.   And 115 - 82 at Miami.  

Was just responding when another poster had said Frost was significantly better than Frost.  And I'd love 58-19 right now.  After Frank fired his staff, he should have been given more time IMO.  Yes talent was dropping, but it might have improved with the new staff.  I also still think Carl Crawford not signing really hurt him.  JLo to QB instead of safety.  Just hoping we can improve moving forward.  I'd love to say one day that Frost was the architect who restored NU to glory. But for today, not so much.