New Staff Selection

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Was just responding when another poster had said Frost was significantly better than Frost.  And I'd love 58-19 right now.  After Frank fired his staff, he should have been given more time IMO.  Yes talent was dropping, but it might have improved with the new staff.  I also still think Carl Crawford not signing really hurt him.  JLo to QB instead of safety.  Just hoping we can improve moving forward.  I'd love to say one day that Frost was the architect who restored NU to glory. But for today, not so much. 

Frost's problem was bringing is whole staff from UCF.  Several of them had no excuse for being D1 coaches. 

2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

The problem is I've heard the same from metro head coaches about Husker coaches still on staff... 

Which is absolutely unbelievable if true. And hearing it from several people that would be in the know about it makes me tend to believe it is more than just rumor.

In addition to his abysmal record that is just downright embarrassing coupled with the fact the program is at a point it hasn't been since Jennings was HC. That this type of dereliction of duty is allowed to take place on his watch is simply inexcusable.  

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost's problem was bringing is whole staff from UCF.  Several of them had no excuse for being D1 coaches. 

I don't disagree at all.  We'd be in a lot better spot now had he a) not brought those guys or b) fired them after year 2.  The offensive staff he has now looks like a staff he should've brought with him 4 years ago.  TBH, I was not a fan of Chin to start, but the staff has done a good job thus far.  I think next year will really show if they have "permanently" improved or was last year an anomaly.  Despite Frost's tenure to date, I still want him to win.  

14 minutes ago, lo country said:

He and Held should've been let go after 2019.  Those two should have been arrested for stealing from Nebraska.

This is the same argument folks had with Riley. It's not Verduzco nor Held's fault for being hired to do a job they weren't qualified for, it is the fault of the person who hired them.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This is the same argument folks had with Riley. It's not Verduzco nor Held's fault for being hired to do a job they weren't qualified for, it is the fault of the person who hired them.

I don't disagree at all.  Frost screwed the pooch from day one and has been behind ever since.  I am not a Frost apologist.  If he wasn't Frost, he'd be gone right now.  The buck stops with the man at the top, and IMO, he has struggled through 4 seasons.  

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Which is absolutely unbelievable if true. And hearing it from several people that would be in the know about it makes me tend to believe it is more than just rumor.

In addition to his abysmal record that is just downright embarrassing coupled with the fact the program is at a point it hasn't been since Jennings was HC. That this type of dereliction of duty is allowed to take place on his watch is simply inexcusable.  

Yep. The comments from Bellevue West's coach about Mickey Joseph stopping by and the comments from the Kansas coach about Bill Busch stopping by told me all I need to know... We know which coaches are responsible for the Midwest. 

17 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Yep. The comments from Bellevue West's coach about Mickey Joseph stopping by and the comments from the Kansas coach about Bill Busch stopping by told me all I need to know... We know which coaches are responsible for the Midwest. 

I mean...Ruud was literally in Omaha every week he could be. I don't really buy the stories. It seems like some didn't realize that the coaches weren't allowed to visit anywhere for nearly two years.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I mean...Ruud was literally in Omaha every week he could be. I don't really buy the stories. It seems like some didn't realize that the coaches weren't allowed to visit anywhere for nearly two years.

I bet it more boils down to the staff didn’t think that the player was as high of caliber as the high school coaches felt said player(s) were

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I bet it more boils down to the staff didn’t think that the player was as high of caliber as the high school coaches felt said player(s) were

Yeah, that's entirely possible as well.  But I don't think it's as much about any certain player.  It's likely between scholarship targets, walk-ons and looking at anyone over the next three years that they are at least monitoring every school in the Metro.  But I'm sure they're at some places more than others.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, that's entirely possible as well.  But I don't think it's as much about any certain player.  It's likely between scholarship targets, walk-ons and looking at anyone over the next three years that they are at least monitoring every school in the Metro.  But I'm sure they're at some places more than others.

I don’t live in Nebraska so idk, but have many HS kids from the state fit the prior scheme?

17 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I don’t live in Nebraska so idk, but have many HS kids from the state fit the prior scheme?

Other than quarterback, I think fitting the scheme is way overrated.

But, here are the Nebraska high school players signed by Frost:

2022: Hausman, Appleget, Stenger

2021: Carnie, Haarberg, Bretz, Rollins

2020: Betts, Gifford

2019: Henrich, Hickman, Nelson, Snodgrass, Piper

2018: Jurgens

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Other than quarterback, I think fitting the scheme is way overrated.

But, here are the Nebraska high school players signed by Frost:

2022: Hausman, Appleget, Stenger

2021: Carnie, Haarberg, Bretz, Rollins

2020: Betts, Gifford

2019: Henrich, Hickman, Nelson, Snodgrass, Piper

2018: Jurgens

Being from Kansas it’s frustrating because I’ve seen several good players go out of state the could have went to Nebraska but they have missed on them or flat out not recruited them, most recently this missed out if Isaiah Simmons and I don’t think they recruited Breece Hall much if at all