New Staff Selection

8 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Being from Kansas it’s frustrating because I’ve seen several good players go out of state the could have went to Nebraska but they have missed on them or flat out not recruited them, most recently this missed out if Isaiah Simmons and I don’t think they recruited Breece Hall much if at all

Simmons was ours until a last minute Scholly offer from Clemson. Hall was a huge miss considering his Nebraska ties and the fact that he would easily be the best RB we've had since Ameer.

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I hope these metro coaches are as concerned with getting their kids qualified for a college education as they are about NU coaches hanging out with their kids

Judging by how many Omaha metro area kids are going all over country to go to college, I don't think the metro coaches are having any problems getting kids academically qualified. 

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

and don't forget the offensive and defensive "analysts"

Speaking of…when will Nebraska follow suit? I am sure Ron Brown will be kept on as an analyst, but not too many other names come to mind like you see in the SEC. I think Sean Snyder would be a good add as an analyst if he doesn’t get a new gig . 

On 1/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Mavric said:

I mean...Ruud was literally in Omaha every week he could be. I don't really buy the stories. It seems like some didn't realize that the coaches weren't allowed to visit anywhere for nearly two years.

I mean, I’m not crazy man - here’s Sharp and Benning week saying the same thing. 

TL;DR - Ruud’s credibility in Omaha is questionable and his recruiting pitch doesn’t resonate. “Who calls you matters, kids notice”, and they’re glad to see Joseph and Chinander get involved at schools that were previously Ruud’s responsibility.

18 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I mean, I’m not crazy man - here’s Sharp and Benning week saying the same thing. 

TL;DR - Ruud’s credibility in Omaha is questionable and his recruiting pitch doesn’t resonate. “Who calls you matters, kids notice”, and they’re glad to see Joseph and Chinander get involved at schools that were previously Ruud’s responsibility.

I listened to that the other day.  Joseph coached in the metro and still has relationships there.  I am glad to see him get involved.  We have sucked there for a while.  I think this program didn't know how to appeal to the urban kid.  I think we need to do a better job with urban kids recruiting and when they are on campus.  I could be off, but it sure seems that way.

9 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

Speaking of…when will Nebraska follow suit? I am sure Ron Brown will be kept on as an analyst, but not too many other names come to mind like you see in the SEC. I think Sean Snyder would be a good add as an analyst if he doesn’t get a new gig . 

What do you mean? We already have like ten analysts & support guys on staff. After Frost fired his offensive assistant coaches, he made a few of those analysts interim coaches. Busch was one of them.

https://hailvarsity.com/football/a-closer-look-at-nebraskas-analysts-and-support-staff-ahead-of-the-final-two-games-in-2021/

3 hours ago, Toe said:

What do you mean? We already have like ten analysts & support guys on staff. After Frost fired his offensive assistant coaches, he made a few of those analysts interim coaches. Busch was one of them.

https://hailvarsity.com/football/a-closer-look-at-nebraskas-analysts-and-support-staff-ahead-of-the-final-two-games-in-2021/

I would imagine any openings we have in the analyst department will be filled once all the hiring and firing settles down after Feb. 

49 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:
Wish this could have happened a year or two ago but better late than never.

Ok.  I'm not from NE nor live there so I don't follow HS football there.  I know there have been some all time Nebraska football greats that have come from Omaha.  But who was the last great/good player that has come from Omaha, Alex Henery? Are there many others between then and now that have gone to be awesome at some other school and then been drafted and had solid NFL careers?  If not what's all the hubub about omaha recruiting?

10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Ok.  I'm not from NE nor live there so I don't follow HS football there.  I know there have been some all time Nebraska football greats that have come from Omaha.  But who was the last great/good player that has come from Omaha, Alex Henery? Are there many others between then and now that have gone to be awesome at some other school and then been drafted and had solid NFL careers?  If not what's all the hubub about omaha recruiting?

There have been a couple notable ones recently who went to other schools:

Noah Fant - Iowa All American TE/Denver Broncos

Harrison Phillips - Stanford All American DL/Buffalo Bills

Fun fact I just learned also was that Austin Ekeler was born in Lincoln.