New Staff Selection

15 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Again read my post. I said all people.  And I have several customers in Omaha and 90% are high maintenance.  You are reading between the lines with very little knowledge

What a coincidence!!! I have several customers in Lincoln that are high maintenance.  So should I lay claim to the entire town of Lincoln thinking they are better than everyone else?!?!?  (I don’t)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

You are commenting on a portion of the post.  Nothing abnormal.

You’re the one making accusations about an entire town based on a very small portion of the popularion….. not I.   I am simply defending Omaha as I have from several posts.  If you read them, you’d know my stance on the situation.  

im sorry your customers are high maintenance, the city of Omaha must be tough. 

18 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

You’re the one making accusations about an entire town based on a very small portion of the popularion….. not I.   I am simply defending Omaha as I have from several posts.  If you read them, you’d know my stance on the situation.  

im sorry your customers are high maintenance, the city of Omaha must be tough. 

Omaha & Husker posts have been coming up on this forum for 10+ years. Nothing changes, it's the same ole crap. Why do we lose players from Omaha. It's totally the coaches fault.  Sorry I don't believe that.  Omaha is in there own world. Period.

7 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Omaha & Husker posts have been coming up on this forum for 10+ years. Nothing changes, it's the same ole crap. Why do we lose players from Omaha. It's totally the coaches fault.  Sorry I don't believe that.  Omaha is in there own world. Period.

Again… you clearly didn’t read my posts.  That’s very obvious. I never once blamed the coach’s.  I said that Omaha kids have more opportunity because they are in a bigger spotlight than other kids.  If Heinrich haarberg were in Omaha, he would have had more scholarship offers to choose from.   Maybe he would have still chose Nebraska….  It’s easy to pick Nebraska when the other school is Boston college.  Look at the list of offers Omaha kids get…. 

you aren’t comparing apples to apples when you say Omaha thinks it’s better than everyone else…. It’s not the kids fault they are in a bigger town that tends to draw more scouts. 

8 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

But you come on here and act like kids from Omaha are supposed to owe it to the state and come to NU to play football. They don't owe the state anything.  People on here have laid out valid demographic, population, and recruiting reasons on why Omaha kids are more likely to consider schools other than UNL, and yet you come on here and just trash on the Omaha metro area based on your own opinions and prejudices. 

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But you come on here and act like kids from Omaha are supposed to owe it to the state and come to NU to play football. They don't owe the state anything.  People on here have laid out valid demographic, population, and recruiting reasons on why Omaha kids are more likely to consider schools other than UNL, and yet you come on here and just trash on the Omaha metro area based on your own opinions and prejudices. 

I agree that Omaha residence have different values than the rest of the state.  Nebraska is primarily agriculture and Omaha is not. Doesn’t mean they think they are better.  Omaha wants to be a big city and Lincoln tries so hard to keep small town values.  There are so many differences but I promise you…. Omaha doesn’t think they are better.

as a matter of fact, when I was moving from Lincoln to Omaha, most all Lincoln  friends snubbed their nose to it.  It’s almost like everyone has a problem with Omaha and doesn’t know why?  

who knows???

…edited to fix my terrible grammatical errors. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

People act like we haven't had any success recently recruiting out of Omaha/Council Bluffs area.  Just in 2021, we got the top 4 players out of the area.  The year before, we got Betts.  This year was a struggle.  I admit that.  But, it's not like Frost and his staff have been total failures in the area.

Agreed. It’s another typical Nebraska offseason drama sound off. Comes off more like a losing program with mediocre coaches (who are now gone) by NU and just complaining from whiny metro coaches. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I agree that Omaha residence have different values than the rest of the state.  Nebraska is primarily agriculture and Omaha is not. Doesn’t mean they think they are better.  Omaha wants to be a big city and Lincoln tries so hard to keep small town values.  There are so many differences but I promise you…. Omaha doesn’t think they are better.

as a matter of fact, when I was moving from Lincoln to Omaha, most all Lincoln  friends snubbed their nose to it.  It’s almost like everyone has a problem with Omaha and doesn’t know why?  

who knows???

…edited to fix my terrible grammatical errors. 

Kind of reminds me of Tulsa vs OKC.   Up until the mid to late 1990s, OKC was considered the 'cow town' while Tulsa was the classy sophisticated town.  OKC had the big state fair and Tulsa had the world class museums.  Then OKC  implemented their MAPS development program and they flew by Tulsa.   Finally Tulsa got their act together and now has several world class attractions and is back on par with OKC from an destination perspective.   OKC is about 150k bigger in population.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not at all.  Posters are complaining about recruiting in Omaha.   I'm just saying that most people in Omaha are not like the rest of the state.  They do not live & die red.  I deal with customers across the US and from my experience 75% of my Omaha customers are not as down to earth as the rest of the state.  In fact, my favorite customers are the good Ole boys in Oklahoma, Texas & Arizona.  Minneapolis & the Northeast are my least favorite.  I know I will upset someone but never stopped me before. They are just odd ducks.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Not at all.  Posters are complaining about recruiting in Omaha.   I'm just saying that most people in Omaha are not like the rest of the state.  They do not live & die red.  I deal with customers across the US and from my experience 75% of my Omaha customers are not as down to earth as the rest of the state.  In fact, my favorite customers are the good Ole boys in Oklahoma, Texas & Arizona.  Minneapolis & the Northeast are my least favorite.  I know I will upset someone but never stopped me before. They are just odd ducks.

I don't disagree that Omahans are different than people in the rest of the state.  But, you are treating it as a negative, and that's what I don't agree with.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's a negative for Husker recruiting. Not as the people themselves. In short, I think it's tougher to make them happy and not always the coaches fault.   

Or Omaha kids realize that they may have options that are bigger than NU or Nebraska and they want to take advantage of that.  Also, for some Omaha kids, they may not have a lot of "state pride" (whatever that's supposed to mean), because they may not feel they are accepted by people in some areas of the state.

I'm done discussing this with you, because you are basing all your comments around your own opinions, which it seems like you will never change.  I may have to start invoking more of the ignore feature on this site.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or Omaha kids realize that they may have options that are bigger than NU or Nebraska and they want to take advantage of that.  Also, for some Omaha kids, they may not have a lot of "state pride" (whatever that's supposed to mean), because they may not feel they are accepted by people in some areas of the state.

I'm done discussing this with you, because you are basing all your comments around your own opinions, which it seems like you will never change.  I may have to start invoking more of the ignore feature on this site.

You too!

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Are you originally from Omaha?