New Staff Selection

On 1/25/2022 at 11:47 AM, Huskinator said:

I agree completely.  You also can’t go off just my point of view as a citizen of Omaha.  I can tell you for a fact what Omaha doesn’t think they are better than anyone else in the state… they just have their own crap to worry about.  

Grew up in small town. Been in Omaha working in huge schools for 18 years. The kids aren’t going to Nebraska because we suck. They have better options with better weather. I don’t think they lack in pride. They are proud to be from Omaha. If you’re a young person from Omaha that is a high level athlete, you have more in common with others from large Metro areas than you do with somebody from Chadron. Are people from Chicago proud of Illinois, or are they a Chicago kid?

Also, Omaha definitely sees themselves as above the rest of the state. Conversely, the rest of the state  believes in the “Omaha a$$h@!e” stereotype. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Grew up in small town. Been in Omaha in huge schools for 18 years. The kids aren’t going to Nebraska because we suck. They have better options with better weather. I don’t think they lack in pride. They are proud to be from Omaha. If you’re a young person from Omaha that is a high level athlete, you have more in common with others from large Metro areas than you do with somebody from Chadron. Are people from Chicago proud of Illinois, or are they a Chicago kid?

Also, Omaha definitely sees themselves as above the rest of the state. Conversely, the rest of the state  believes in the “Omaha a$$h@!e” stereotype. 

You’ve been In school for 18 years?!?!  Wow!!! What happened to no child left behind?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 7
On 1/25/2022 at 1:17 PM, Toe said:

Damn, there's some dense people in this thread. 48% of the geographic area of the Omaha-Council Bluffs Metropolitan Area is in Iowa, and 13% of the population is in Iowa.

Now class, who can tell me which one of those figures is actually relevant in this discussion? I'll give you a hint: do you think Mickey Joseph is recruiting people to play football, or do you think he's trying recruit a plot of land to pull itself up out of the earth and come play football for the University of Nebraska?

Yes, true, I thought that was a given it was about population. Maybe it's the same people who share memes about voting and others have to point out that fenceposts don't vote?  

4 hours ago, Huskinator said:

You’ve been In school for 18 years?!?!  Wow!!! What happened to no child left behind?

Insert David Spade and Chris Farley joke here......

3 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Lol. That s#!ts funny right there. Sorry, meant worked in schools. 

My wife teaches at an inner city Omaha school.  The things she sees, the stories she tells…. In my small town schools, I’d have been expelled.  I think we are on the 4th knife and 2nd unloaded gun of the year!  The kids bring the stuff because they aren’t afraid in school…. It’s the wall to and from school.  So dang sad. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-interviewing-michigans-jim-harbaugh-for-head-coaching-vacancy-feel-hes-ready-for-nfl-return-per-report/

1087865766.jpg.0.jpg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10025434-jim-harbaugh-rumors-michigan-hc-conveyed-legitimate-interest-in-vikings-hc-job

Personally, I think this would be a good move for Harbaugh.  I don't see him having a better year at Michigan than last year.  To do it again would be tough, and he seems like he's always on & off the hot seat there.

Last year's game against them was exciting in Lincoln (until the very, very end of course).

Wondering if he goes to the NFL, would that be good for the Huskers?  I think we play Michigan the next 5 years straight.....

4 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Michigan is Michigan, Harbaugh or not.  Not sure it matters.  He’s got lots of talent.  Their nearly as tough as Ohio State for us.  

I'm not so sure that's the case. I'm sure they'll probably get a good coach in there, but prior to Harbaugh, Michigan was pretty average. I have always had a far more favorable view of the job he's done at Michigan. It's just unfortunate that a Michigan coach is judged by how well he did against Ohio State, and it just so happened that he coached at Michigan while Ohio State has been enjoying one of the greatest stretches of football they've ever had.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm not so sure that's the case. I'm sure they'll probably get a good coach in there, but prior to Harbaugh, Michigan was pretty average. I have always had a far more favorable view of the job he's done at Michigan. It's just unfortunate that a Michigan coach is judged by how well he did against Ohio State, and it just so happened that he coached at Michigan while Ohio State has been enjoying one of the greatest stretches of football they've ever had.

If he leaves now, there's no good coaches available.  Not sure if they'd go a 1 year interim coach or get a coach that's in a booth somewhere.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, sho said:

If he leaves now, there's no good coaches available.  Not sure if they'd go a 1 year interim coach or get a coach that's in a booth somewhere.

I’d be terrified if it was Fickell… I know an OSU guy to Michigan isn’t likely, but OSU didn’t give him the shot in 2019.

Plus, there were rumors of a new contract for Fickell but I haven’t seen anything and his buyout is like 3/3.5, which is completely doable. 

• Plus1 1