New Staff Selection

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Speculation is Brown is not gonna be your RB coach but Busch is likely your special teams guy. Kinda fits the role now. 

If we can't get a top RB coach, I would be perfectly fine with Brown filling that roll this year.  We need to win THIS YEAR.  He's obviously a good coach with RB experience.  Any recruiting deficiencies he has can be covered for a year.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If we can't get a top RB coach, I would be perfectly fine with Brown filling that roll this year.  We need to win THIS YEAR.  He's obviously a good coach with RB experience.  Any recruiting deficiencies he has can be covered for a year.

I am less worried about Browns recruiting ability if that means Busch is hitting the trail for us. 

We win 8 or 8 games this fall, we will have a great RB coach and land one great RB.  But we got to have a 1000 yard RB to show we will use a great back.  We must be serious about using a RB to attract one.  We have enough RB talent to complement a smart pass game and give us meaningful balance.  Ozigbo had a decent year (half of one really) and we went 4-2 down that stretch.  

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If we can't get a top RB coach, I would be perfectly fine with Brown filling that roll this year.

Everything I have read is he doesn't want to be a full time coach though. That is why he got out of it in the first place to pursue his other priorities. Can't hardly force the guy into a job he doesn't want.

19 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm assuming the fact that Oregon trying to hire Tuioti is already being reported means it's pretty close to happening.

It does open up that spot to allow the coaching shifts to happen, but I wouldn't take losing him lightly. He has produced results, and that development won't be easy to replace

All of that makes the Ben Roberts DT miss very interesting.  He seems to be leaning toward us and then last minute we missed out.  In that, I'd be real curious when the interview came as Tuioti sounds like he was working for us ... but maybe did "catch that fish" but it wasn't for us but for the Ducks.

I'm not mad or upset ... it's just the way recruiting goes and it would fascinating if that occurred or what occurred.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

All of that makes the Ben Roberts DT miss very interesting.  He seems to be leaning toward us and then last minute we missed out.  In that, I'd be real curious when the interview came as Tuioti sounds like he was working for us ... but maybe did "catch that fish" but it wasn't for us but for the Ducks.

I'm not mad or upset ... it's just the way recruiting goes and it would fascinating if that occurred or what occurred.

I really hate this early signing day. 

28 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I would be very surprised if that speculation is true. 

I don’t see Tuioti as being someone that would be recruiting all season for his next job.