New Staff Selection

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Even though we have no blue if it’s all true or not. 

Yes. We love it when some movement happens in the program, and then some brave soul has the guts to just now write about how those people that left were entirely the problem. This is why hope springs eternal around here. Remember when Duval was hired?  We found out that the reason we’ve sucked in the trenches is because we weren’t doing squats, and Mike Riley was personally serving 2 scoops of blue bell ice cream to the team for breakfast.  Good thing that got solved. 

3 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Yes. We love it when some movement happens in the program, and then some brave soul has the guts to just now write about how those people that left were entirely the problem. This is why hope springs eternal around here. Remember when Duval was hired?  We found out that the reason we’ve sucked in the trenches is because we weren’t doing squats, and Mike Riley was personally serving 2 scoops of blue bell ice cream to the team for breakfast.  Good thing that got solved. 

Issue is that there's latency to our issues/problems being solved. I'm encouraged by the recent developments to a degree but really most of them have been overdo IMO. Reminds me of the turtle races I went to over at Prosser NE when I was growing up. Or, syrup moving on a winter's day. Determination and fight are truly good things and so are the abilities to address, adjust and adapt. There needs to be a sense of urgency around the program. Everything matters detail to detail. No time for neglecting or attempts at forcing square pegs into round holes. 

On 12/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, Lorewarn said:

What's unfair about poking fun at somebody's self-important delusion of grandeur claiming they're the ONLY ONE who saw this correctly and had the guts to be critical about it while the rest of us are brainwashed sheeple?

I'm not saying I was the only one in general, but quite frankly at the time I very well might have been the only one on this board who wasn't afraid to speak up.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not saying I was the only one in general, but quite frankly at the time I very well might have been the only one on this board who wasn't afraid to speak up.

"I'm not saying what I said, but yeah to be frank I am for a third time saying what I said."

That about sum it up? 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Bryan Applewhite (TCU) and Greg Knox (Florida) rumored to be in the mix for RB coach.

It was suggested that NU has one spot available to sign another RB so perhaps someone could bring a recruit with them.  TCU has an unsigned commit in Ajay Allen, a four-star (247) from Louisiana.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Bryan Applewhite (TCU) and Greg Knox (Florida) rumored to be in the mix for RB coach.

It was suggested that NU has one spot available to sign another RB so perhaps someone could bring a recruit with them.  TCU has an unsigned commit in Ajay Allen, a four-star (247) from Louisiana.  

Greg Knox could coach RB's and coach special teams with another coach.