New Staff Selection

On 1/8/2022 at 7:01 AM, GlobalHusker said:

I’m excited to see what Whip can do with the QBs we got. Especially with Thompson and Smothers. I’d like to find out if it was a talent thing or a coaching thing.  Did we get guys that have specific ceilings, or was it lack of effective qb coaching..

But where is our RB coach already?!

Both talent and coaching. We should find out soon which it was more. I'm inclined to say it was more to do about aspects of coaching. We got what we could get. It was decent but the development wasn't what it needed to be. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Speaking of the delay, is there any possibility they will replace the DL coach and someone on staff will coach the RB?  Maybe I missed a Dawson announcement?

Nothing on Dawson yet. Think they've got some configurations in mind and are still in the process of finalizing. Maybe there's been some hangups with negotiations? Perhaps we're waiting until after the National Championship game! (Lol)

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

We are waiting on a RB coach. Nothing more. 

Maybe old news, but an article on Frost having Covid mentioned Bryan Applewhite from TCU gaining traction.  Looks like he's done well at previous stops.  Has developed some good backs and put up good numbers.  I saw his name mentioned earlier, but just saw it mentioned in the recent article.  Also mentioned Dawson to DL.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Huskers-football-Scott-Frost-positive-Covid-test-180220730/

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, admo said:

I won't look to far into it, but I am curious why he chose to say Dawson would coach edge and "tutor" the interior guys.  Pretty sure his duties will be coaching them too?

Those are just the reporter's words right, not the official statement? I'm guessing he just picked a different verb since he'd already used "coach" in the sentence, without considering the differences. 

EDIT: To give more credit than may be due, I don't think it's been announced that Dawson will officially have the DL coach title so maybe Christopherson chose "tutor" on purpose because it's not clear what the exact role is. But we're not rolling without a DL coach, and we're not hiring another guy so I think it's fair to assume Dawson is OLB/DL. There, I will look too far into it.

• Thanks 1